Absorb best-selling books in minutes with this reading app

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/13/absorb-best-selling-books-in-m.html

Is “absorb” really the correct verb to use here? Viewing video “Cliff’s Notes” versions of self-help books seems more like “dip your toe in the water” than “absorb”. It feels like cheating, somehow.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Can we Absorb Cory’s books?

6 Likes

If you’re making your way through the world of business and entrepreneurship, it only makes sense to read about the insights of people who have climbed that ladder before you. Trouble is, the modern workday doesn’t leave a lot of time for reading - especially for those go-getters who might benefit the most.

Blimey that’s some grim, dystopian, alphahole bullshit copy.

5 Likes

I wonder if there is a Classics Illustrated version of “Finnegan’s Wake”, “À la recherche du temps perdu” or “Ulysses”?

1 Like

Again, can I combine these with the speed-reading course?

5 Likes

Proust, Proust wrote about, wrote about…

1 Like

Great! You can get the content of bul lshit books without having to waste time reading them.

This kind of self help book has been around forever - if everyone who read them and followed their advice was rich now, there’d be a lot more rich people. Like most cons, they’re only good for making money for their authors, who are taking advantage of people’s own greed to get money out of them.

2 Likes

This must be how the stable genius gains his vast storehouse of knowledge of everything.

1 Like

I’m sure there’s a market for this sort of thing (and yes, I’m sure Very Stable Geniuses must love it), but I’m equally sure that most BB readers are not the target market.
Hell, most of the time I want more book to read, not less. This sounds like “it’s like an icecream, but we eat 99% of it for you” to me.

2 Likes

Nope, here’s a list:
http://www.tkinter.smig.net/ClassicsIllustrated/list.htm

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.