Get the gist on hundreds of books in 12 minutes apiece

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/16/get-the-gist-on-hundreds-of-bo.html

Condense soup, not books!

4 Likes

Is this an April 1st post that got delayed, somehow?
Although now that I think about it, there’s probably only 12 minutes worth of real content (at most) in books like “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,” so maybe this makes sense. Although a good book review would serve the same purpose and be faster…

6 Likes

I’m gonna go ahead and say this is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen, because these days I seem to get to say that every day!

3 Likes

I wrote a very long and detailed review of this service. Below if the condensed version.

No

7 Likes
7 Likes

The guy’s thinking “don’t they have anything about cleaning coffee cups?!?!”

Normally I’d agree with you, but why the fuck waste time on these particular books? Of course, you could save 12 min. apiece by just skipping this stupid app altogether. While I am thinking about it, at least Cliff Notes were actually useful even if you did read the book [my method].

4 Likes

Wikipedia is pretty good for condensed summaries. Although At one point I went to look up a back story of some Star Wars characters I think on Wookiepedia and it was wayyyy too long. It was practically a book in itself.

1 Like

I’m hungry for justice. Got any ads that are meant for me?

4 Likes

Why not both?

4 Likes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.