Accused crypto scammer is also a "rapper" and a "Forbes" blogger

Originally published at: Accused crypto scammer is also a "rapper" and a "Forbes" blogger | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Apologies if there is inappropriate or offensive material in there, because I made it through like five seconds.

31 Likes

I nominate this for whitest story of the year… I know it’s only February… but it’s a strong contender already.

Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

I’m afraid to look.

28 Likes

Video link for the bbs

19 Likes

11th-doctor-why-cry

21 Likes

One cringeworthy grift building on another. It’s the cryptocurrency way.

19 Likes

Just a few seconds, but she reminds me of the girl trying to sell Madonna’s pubic hair in Linklater’s Slackers.

8 Likes

That seems like an insult to the girl trying to sell Madonna’s pubic hair in Slackers…

22 Likes

I just heard a story about this on All Things Considered and I don’t think they mentioned the rap angle at all. I am now Disappointed In NPR.

10 Likes

Holy White People rapping Bat Person! :bangbang: She needs that day job, don’t quit girl.

13 Likes

I’m sure they’ll have some jobs she can do during her prison stint…

Working Orange Is The New Black GIF by NETFLIX

17 Likes

The crime which is stated as laundering stolen bitcoin is supposedly a theft via an “unauthorized transfer” from a particular bitcoin third party (?) bitfinex (which is offering a ~$400million reward for capture, will the DOJ collect it?). So once third parties are involved, much of the ballyhooed security assurances of blockchains are apparently nullified?

10 Likes

There is no self own more complete than the phrase “email me” appearing in your lyrics. Please clap energy.

7 Likes

13 Likes

Could we get a “Cringe” warning on these videos?

9 Likes

If the still in the OP and in the YT video doesn’t give that away…

11 Likes

giphy-5

17 Likes

I’m a 40something white suburban dad with no background whatsoever in music and I’m pretty sure I could make a less embarrassing rap video than that.

28 Likes

OK, we’re waiting OG @Brainspore .

26 Likes

Jeff Goldblum gave me second thoughts.

could-should

26 Likes