Pastor Eli Regalado blames Jesus for bad crypto advice in $3.2M scam (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/22/eli-regalado-fraud.html

5 Likes

Was “INRIcoin” already taken?

I seem to recall Jesus wasn’t keen on the idea of people conducting shady financial practices under the color of religion.

21 Likes

I would not stand too terribly near him in future. Just saying…

10 Likes

a few hundred thousand dollars went to a home remodel that the Lord told us to do

The Lord is telling me to do one of those too. Wish I had a flock to defraud to make it happen.

17 Likes

it’s ok, jesus is used to it.

5 Likes

I mean… why are people asking a 1st century Palestinian man about crypto? What’s he gonna know about crypto?

I’m guessing he’d throw the crypto-bros out of the temple, too… after saying “what”?

13 Likes

I’m starting to think that these conservative Christians that are having all these conversations with Jesus might not be on the level.

11 Likes

bored monkey NFT jebuz sez: judge not pyramid schemes lest your ponzi schemes be judged

(so my plenary indulgence won’t buy me outta purgatory??)

6 Likes

Should have listened to Moses. Because while Jesus saves Moses invests.

3 Likes

A pastor so powerful that he can throw an omnipotent being under the bus? That’s something.

12 Likes

What does this mean: “Now, the reason that they’re saying that it’s worthless is because there is no exit for people who have bought.”?

1 Like

BWHAHAAHAAA. OMG, this guy is just on there admitting that they sold a crypto currency with no exit strategy. HAHAHAA. Oh, man his lawyers are tearing their hair out. They should have hired a Hispanic server for the lawsuit, for the funniest thing ever.

“And then Jesus said, ‘You’ve been served.’ and I found out we are being sued.”

Also - HOW is this only a civil charge and not a criminal one? Anyone know a financial crimes lawyer? @danimagoo

6 Likes

“We took God at his word…” Okay, that’s a perfect example of why you should NEVER, EVER do that.

5 Likes

Holy shit. I don’t know much about that area of law, so I’m the wrong person to ask, but this part:

That’s like an accused murderer saying, “Well…ok, yes, I did kill him. In fact, I killed a few other people, too. But it’s ok because I cleaned up the crime scenes.”

15 Likes

I think it means you can’t cash out. Once you’ve bought in, you’re in. You can only trade, not sell.

4 Likes

My ex-wife has a law degree. For a long time she worked for the US Dept of Labor and knows a lot about labor law. But one advantage of knowing her is that while SHE doesn’t know about XYZ law very well, someone she interacted with or went to law school with went into that sort of law, and you can contact them. So I think you just passed the bar, but in short term if you keep up with some class mates, you will have a circle of people that know a lot about various aspects and that can be very helpful.

Like the time my old boss tried to tell my new freelance site was a violation of copyright and sent me a very trying-to-be-legal-sounding, but not written by a lawyer, threat. I talked to an actual copyright lawyer who said I was 100% within my rights, but if I wanted to be 110%, I could make ABC changes and tell him to fuck off.

I know, right! “Hey, sure, I scammed the money, but I paid taxes on it, so that makes it legit, right? Right?”

6 Likes

Combining crypto and religion. Throw homeopathy in there, and you’ve got the gullibility trifecta.

6 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Read the fine print: “No refunds if He doesn’t give you good advice.”

8 Likes

DO NOT QUIZ JESUS i’m dying.

10 Likes