Pastor Eli Regalado blames Jesus for bad crypto advice in $3.2M scam (video)

“But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are fungible.”
-M5tthew.eth

(edit: in retrospect; “with God all things are fungible” sounds really threatening. Not just crypto-bro ‘financialization is humanity’s highest best purpose; throw all before the mercy of the market!’ threatening; but straight ‘all things will dissolve in the face of divine power’ threatening)

6 Likes

So they rendered unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and rendered unto Jesus the home remodel He wanted, presumably to make Him more comfortable when He drops by.

Isn’t that what the Bible tells us? I’m not seeing the problem here.

7 Likes

And so the Lord says, “Give that to 'em, but also give them a 10X.”

Give them a 10X!? Is that a term used in Prosperity theology?!

3 Likes
2 Likes

So if someone whose last name was Lord told him to plead guilty to the charges and liquidate all his assets to repay (at least in part) the people he scammed he would do it?

Consider him told to do just that.

3 Likes

Jesus is always expecting his dad to bail him out when he makes bad investment advice

2 Likes

No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and Mammon.

• Matthew 6:24
3 Likes

I read this part and realised that they were running a Ponzi scheme on top of the crypto scam.

3 Likes

Per the Council of Nicaea 1700 years ago, there would have been no expectation, no need for bail, and no bad investment ever made. Holy Trinity, you know. Three ‘persons’ in one god.

3 Likes

I would only really be surprised over this if Pastor Regalado there doesn’t ask the people he scammed already to send him more money so he can pay his legal fees and any possible fine.

7 Likes

Trump has proven that it doesn’t hurt to ask. Heck. Countless con-artists has proven that for uncounted centuries.

4 Likes

trick

4 Likes

It’s hard for me to feel sympathy for his victims.
Greed and gullibility are a bad combination. Anyone claiming to get direct communications from a deity is a scammer at best.

It wasn’t just a ‘home remodel’ they bought, though:
…spent it on a Range Rover, jewelry, luxury handbags, cosmetic dentistry, boat rentals and snowmobile adventures, home renovations and an au pair…
They also sent another $290,000 to their church, which does not have a brick-and-mortar location. The church is a nonprofit that the Regalados own.

Yeah, buddy, sure he did.

8 Likes

2 Likes

https://nitter.net/DrSarteschi/status/1748926363136889229

“I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.”
― Susan B. Anthony

9 Likes

6 Likes

I mean, if God lied about this. What else?

2 Likes

Like that settled the whole question! :rofl:

4 Likes

An embarrassment of isms.

2 Likes

The industry term is “a flock to fleece”.

4 Likes