ACLU releases video of brutal beating of motorist by enraged cop

Imprisoned. For at least as long as would be the case if some random person had beaten/threatened/kidnapped one of the police.

Probably longer; abuse of authority aggravates the crime rather than excusing it.

9 Likes

Yup. And this is exactly why in my very first post on this subject I said this:

We were having a side discussion about taking away pensions. The jail portion was already agreed upon.

2 Likes

Officer Roid needs his eyeballs dug out with a rusty spoon. Fuck’em.

It’s their first resort because they’ve been trained to believe they are too incompetent to consider any other solution. They are also ingrained with twitchy, fearful, impulsive fight or flight behaviours (Always fight).
Also, Roids might have been a factor here (as a previous commenter quipped) .

and not all of them, and not for minor crap, but it needs to be on the table. Not a common practice.

Surely no more common than the death penalty.

1 Like

Why? No, really, why can’t a pension be conditional? Lots of jobs have conditional forms of earning. Christmas bonuses, unvested stock options, delayed compensation, etc. I’m not saying to change the rules after the fact, but I wouldn’t be so sure the rules don’t already allow for a pension clawback under certain conditions.

1 Like

give the shooting victim a chance at a voice, for a change. Shoot to kill really must save time on the paperwork.

1 Like

Yeah, if being approached like that, I would never believe that it was a legitimate police officer. The right thing to do would be to floor it and get the fuck out of there then dial 911 to get the real cops deal with the imposters. But trapped in that parking space, that wouldn’t be an option, and it all happened way too quickly for anyone to process like that.

A particularly damning point: yelling “get the fuck out of the car!” while pushing, kneeing, and punching the driver into the car and preventing the driver from getting out. And that other officer…just calmly going along with it…

It’s obvious that they were not legitimately acting under their authority as police officers, therefore their authority and job title does not apply to the situation. They should be treated like any random person that violently attacked someone that way. Put 'em in a jail with people that they arrested.

Until our justice system can figure that out, the lesson that they’re teaching people is that the best thing to do when any cops are around is to run from them and or incapacitate them as you would any violent criminal that’s trying to kill you. Would-be good cops should take a long hard think about that. Because it’s not good for them.

7 Likes

A pension is something that has been under attack for the last decade or two. The gov’t is trying to turn it into a bonus – and it seems like you are too. However, a pension is something that is EARNED AS SALARY. There should never be a reason to take it away once awarded.

Again, if you know the guy has a pension that is worth $1M…fine…award a fine of $1M and have it taken out monthly. In no way am I saying DO NOT PUNISH THIS GUY…I am saying DO NOT DESTROY SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE JUST TO PUNISH ONE MAN.

Not sure why people can’t get this. When it comes to cops on BB, it is like they don’t want the same law they are screaming that should be enforced for everyone to apply to them.

So, trickle-down worker’s rights, then?

As it is, Minnesota is one of the few states were public officials can’t lose their pension for commission of a felony.

1 Like

James - shouldn’t be trickle down…it should be across the board. I am worried about folks like you and me…I work for a public institution…I don’t want them deciding I pissed them off and having my salary taken away.

Again, not saying these folks shouldn’t be punished. I want it easier to put them in jail…

2 Likes

Its trickle down in that you are arguing for protecting the strongest and most well protected under the expectation that if they are protected the weak will be protected too. These guys will be the last to have their pensions put in jeopardy, not the first.

1 Like

Also, you get a paid vacation!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.