Acrobatic leeches are nightmare fuel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/21/acrobatic-leeches-are-nightmare-fuel.html

4 Likes

Contributed by Gail Sherman

4 Likes

also, in the article, the scientist talks about having them jump IN HER EYE. i’m kinda fine with burning the planet down now.

7 Likes

Need a “wailing in terror” emoji for just this situation!!

4 Likes

stand-by-me-leeches

7 Likes

Flashback to the local swimming hole at my cousins place. “There’s a ton of leaches, but only in the shallow part, so if you jump out about 5 feet you won’t get any on you.”

3 Likes

Holy leaping leeches, Batman!

4 Likes

Well. I was planning on going outside and running some errands and all, but now …

4 Likes

It seems that if we’re not in Madagascar, we’re safe.

For now. Dun dun dunnnnn!

4 Likes

Thanks for reminding me that there’s an article! (In Wiley Biotropica.)
With a second abstract (in Malagasy:)
Manome porofo mivaingana voalohany izahay fa farafaharatsiny karazana leech (Chtonobdella sp. avy eto Madagasikara) no afaka mitsambikina. Isaky ny hitsambikina dia mihorona ny linta alohan’ny hiaingany. Raha ny fahitana azy, dia toa toy ny kôbra mihemotra na resaoro misintona miverina izy io mba hampitomboana ny angovo mety hitranga.
and the rest kind of behind paywalls for people who…ne’mind.

3 Likes

I remember going to some clear lake in Colorado (I think) that was really cold an had these long leaches stuck on to rocks. I didn’t like it.

1 Like

2 Likes

I wonder if toy manufacturers are striving to create a cross between a spacehopper and a slinky?

Then I found these delights

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.