Adam 12, season 1

1 Like

Yeah, like that. :wink:

MrsTobinL has been doing that with location shoots from The Rockford Files.

As was basically noted above:

Adam 12 takes us back to a time when WHITE Los Angeles, and WHITE America, loved the LAPD.

2 Likes

Adam 12 was created by the Dragnet team, R.A. Cinader and Jack Webb, and set the stage for all police dramas to come.

Er, y’mean like “Car 54 Where are you?”?

It’s worth watching to see all the actors you’ll recognize from other, later shows.

When I read this post and saw the reference to Emergency, the phrase “KMG 365” popped into my head …

1 Like

I wonder what Journalist Ruben Salazar’s favorite show would’ve been if he wasn’t murdered by the LAPD back when Adam-12 aired? I never saw the Adam-12 episode that was loosely based on that account.

1 Like

JFTR, more than a few of us white kids back then weren’t all that fond of the LAPD, either.

(Though in fairness, we mostly got busted and beaten by the LACoSD, whose jurisdiction included the Sunset Strip rock clubs and the bathhouses of ‘Boys’ Town’. Of course, most of those businesses had clustered there because it was outside the reach of the LAPD, so…)

LA Confidential is much closer to the mark on what the LAPD was like back then. Just roll forward about ten years and swap Adam-12 for Dragnet Badge of Honor.

2 Likes

Not to diminish LAPD’s awfulness, but Salazar was killed by an L.A. County Sheriff’s Department tear gas round. Different organization. Similar attitudes, though.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.