Adam Savage brings the mayhem with a 1,000-shot Nerf gun mod

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/07/adam-savage-brings-the-mayhem.html

2 Likes

Weaponized Nerf? Fuck yeah!

1 Like

Holy crap I’m glad he isn’t my kids’ uncle. Imagine the birthday parties…the horror.

3 Likes

Can’t say enough good things about the NERF Rivals (the ones that shoot the little balls). Far more accurate, way easier to load / simpler to clean up than darts. This is a killer combo.

I strongly recommend it!

The nemesis is down to $73, used to be $99 … you will need batteries or the optional but highly recommended rechargeable battery pack for the above … but it’s craaaazy awesome. Most nerf-ers consider this the best nerf blaster ever released and I’d concur. It really is. (Source: I own a ridonkulous number of NERF blasters)

If you don’t want to deal with batteries and prefer something a bit cheaper, for $36 you can get the artemis, which is also fantastic.

The pistol (kronos) is also excellent as well and it’s only $15.

2 Likes

Oh great. It’s on Youtube. Now the whole NRA is going to want one.

2 Likes

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a Nerf gun is a Adam Savage with a Nerf gun.

8 Likes

Seems like there’s be a point where the tradeoff between extra ammo/reload time is countered by additional weight/lack of mobility of the modded gun…

now he needs to build a robot-golf cart that goes around and picks them all up.

5 Likes

You say that now, but just wait until you have to take someone to the hospital.

Which of these foam weapon modifications sounds more terrifying?

• 12 darts per second
  • Foam darts with pins at the head
  • The occasional flaming dart
  • The t-shirt cannon modified to fire real hockey pucks
0 voters

Now read this and see if you change your mind.

5 Likes

I love the classic “Mad Scientist Laugh” at the 21:25 mark.

3 Likes

So heartened to see him take a few seconds to figure out 34 ÷ 2. He IS human! A mistake with math that simple has definitely cost me a second sheet of plywood before.

6 Likes

I got one because the Boba Fett themed one was over half off at game stop - and wow- they shoot a lot straighter than the old darts. I just wish they had some rudimentary sights on the model I have. Or at least give me a flat top with out the charging handle there.

1 Like

Old, but related:

1 Like

What do you with those? (Genuine question, I don’t think we have Nerf things in my country.)

Get the red dot sight! There are rails on it to mount

https://www.amazon.com/Nerf-Rival-Red-Dot-Sight/dp/B01IHFCZRK

Well, I have 3 kids so… we play with them? :smiley:

4 Likes

OMG that thing is like $70 USD! for plastic kids toy which would not be to bad except i looked at uk prices to see what one over here would be, £140! a hundred and forty quid! WTF!

1 Like

Well you know we do love our guns, GUNS, G U N S here in the USA…

1 Like

The guns not the problem, its the price of kids toys thats shocking!

1 Like

4 Likes

Holy shit, I didn’t realize how badly the pound was doing relative to the dollar these days.

They’re still gouging you, though. At today’s rate, $70 is only 93.33 pounds.