Add smart, safe brake lights to your bike with this $41 attachment and app

Originally published at: Add smart, safe brake lights to your bike with this $41 attachment and app | Boing Boing

How does 90 lumens qualify as powerful? It’s not lame, but certainly not great light output.

2 Likes

Probably bright enough, I’ve seen rear bike lights that are so bright they leave an after image and are actually distracting after dark. Anyway, you can always add a second, brighter light to the bike or back of your helmet, for extra visibility.
I had a rear light that had a brake-light function many years ago on my Cannondale SuperVee 3000, it worked off a mechanical linkage to my rear V-Brake, and was surprisingly effective at getting drivers to back off as I was braking for red traffic lights, or slowing for corners.
I haven’t ridden any of my bikes for some years due to a knee injury, but I’m all over this if I get back to riding again.

1 Like

Or you can skip the extraneous frippery and e-waste of connecting it to your phone for $7…

1 Like

A 90-lumen flamethrower is pretty weak. Also, not the best option when biking on a hot summer day.

0/5 stars, would not recommend.

I got this german made helmet that had a rear light in the back but there seems to be no way to change the battery

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.