Add this awesome portable screwdriver set to your EDC for just $35

Originally published at: Add this awesome portable screwdriver set to your EDC for just $35 | Boing Boing

Mark @frauenfelder has suggested some alternatives over the years.

1 Like

2 Likes

Cr@p. Got one of these from their initial kickstarter and the magnets in it are so week nothing stays together, bits don’t stay in the holder.

2 Likes

I had something similar with a super cheap set that I got for my impact driver. A teeny neodymium magnet salvaged from electronics or fancy box closure etc… set into the interior works wonders.

1 Like

I’m sure it will it I had one sitting around. Just hate stuff you have to fix the second you take it out of the box because it was designed poorly in the first place.

3 Likes

(1) How large/heavy would a screwdriver have to be to qualify as non-portable?

(2) How would a non-portable screwdriver still be “EDC”?

5 Likes

If only there was a way to stop it from getting wet or sinking as I commute to work on my domesticated Orca.

Oh, wait…

1 Like

EDC?
Yes boingboing that’s what I meant to write.

1 Like

Pick one to your liking:

https://www.acronymfinder.com/EDC.html

I guess I’ll roll with this one:
Every Day Carry (knife collector slang)

Thinking of which, it’s been a while since we had a post about knife sharpening

1 Like

Shh! We’re trying to make it a year. :shushing_face:

1 Like

Abandon-Thread

4 Likes

You must be thinking of a crew served tactical screwdriver, which is so heavy that the bits and drive handle are separated and carried by different people to make transportation possible. :thinking:

Came to pose this same question, so thankyouverymuch.

And in response:

2 Likes

Nah, that’d be a strategic screwdriver, obviously.

1 Like

The Thompson Project, secretly developed during WWII. Here is the manual, 8th scale prototype designed before the hydraulic version was created.

2 Likes

I use this one for my EDC and it stays clipped to my keys (although I have to be picky to where on where it’s clipped to avoid poking my thigh) https://www.niteize.com/product/DoohicKeyKey-Tool.asp . Sometimes I clip the standard Doohickey to my keys instead if i’m worried getting poked in the leg all day.

For screwdriver of that size you’re probably better off with your basic Stanley pen screwdriver anyone can pick up at a small hardware store to be honest (or that cheapo knockoff walmart sells). But many EDC folks don’t really care about price that much and are willing to buy that screwdriver in the post along with a titanium pry bar for 70 bucks haha.

1 Like

screwdriver

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.