"Addictive Hormones" is a delicious treat from Japan

Indeed rare, and yet my friend Joe Mayhew (aka Balderdash) died of it, so unfortunately not rare enough. :frowning_face:

1 Like

I am very sorry to hear that. It was awful to see how many people were directly and indirectly affected by it here in UK several years ago when it was constantly in the news as a result of our industrial/agricultural corporations managing to convince many farmers that feeding meal containing bits of other farm animals to our beef herds was ok. Some things are just obviously wrong without needing any scientific basis to ‘prove’ it.

(Edited, as ever, for typos etc)

2 Likes

Dried cat food isn’t too bad. I tried it as a kid, to see what the cats were so damned excited about. My daughter has also tried it, of her own volition, a few times.
Not sure why once wasn’t enough, but she can be weird.

In an izakaya near Shinjuku, their yakitori menu:

Pretty much all chicken bits, and the sashimi is heat treated for safety.

But this translation at a place in Tokyo station raised an eyebrow:

Not the point, really.

When an 11 year old decides to ‘prank’ her 5 year old sibling by pretending to eat a “snack” and then doing the whole “close your eyes, open your mouth” routine when that 5 year old invariably says “Can I have some?” and the snack turns out to be cat food… it’s not only incredibly and needlessly mean, but it tends to make that 5 year old distrust most offers of unknown food.

3 Likes

“Mixed cat rings”
I laughed at the label.
But I wouldn’t eat them either.

Yick. That’s an awful thing to do, particularly to a little kid.
I didn’t mean to dismiss how awful that would have been, whether cat food isn’t too bad or not. I was going more for amusing-eating-weird-things anecdote. Sorry.

1 Like

Yep, it is.
It’s even worse than that because when I realized that I’d been tricked and spit it out, the heifer had the nerve to say it was my own fault for “being greedy…”

O_O

She was quite an evil fucker to me growing up, and there’s a lot of good reasons that neither my brother or I are close to her as adults.

No harm, no foul; I was just illustrating that both my dislike of bullies and my innate distrust of unknown foods go back a long way…

:question:

1 Like

(Butthole/ring pun. Puerile, I know.)
(Also realised I forgot to upload the photo.)

2 Likes

Yikes; I wouldn’t feed crap that to my cat… nor would she eat it, even if I did.

1 Like

Nor should she!
Back when I had pet rats I once fed them an Asda sausage roll (UK’s Walmart). Five hungry rats; they only ate the pastry, not the meat.
I have never eaten that value brand again.
Pretty clear lesson there, eh?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.