Adhesive nose bridge strips for DIY face masks help keep my glasses clear

Indeed. Fixed!

4 Likes

The medium paperclips, the ones 1.5 inches long, work well too if you have a long skinny pocket to slide them into. The masks I made have trim, so I did this for glass-wearing family member.
The nose strips @jlw mentioned probably make for a better fit though.

3 Likes

We have always saved the metal & plastic closing strips from Aldi coffee bags. They’re great for softly securing garden plants, and even better as nose strips. They hold up in hot water washes so you can just sew them in permanently.

3 Likes

I was not observant enough to do this with a paperclip and it’d have solved the problem to where i would not have bothered buying these.

Kudos

3 Likes

Then perhaps folks should stop voting for the party than WANTS the Government to fail.

What other entity could have the power to protect the commoners from the oligarchs?

Brian

1 Like

Here’s the wire frame I made for my bandana mask which also keeps my glasses from getting fogged. My bandana mask with paper towel insert is 11 layers and fits snuggly with the wire frame, based upon reading about similar masks during the 1918 flu epidemic.

3 Likes

There are quite a lot of helmets on the market that don’t have this problem.
(I currently use a Uvex 3000, “double glazing” and a good, adjustable ventilation. Specs stay clear even in cold, rainy weather. Haven’t found a helmet yet where getting the temple stems inside and behind my ears isn’t a fiddly PITA, though.)

Most washing-up liquids have abrasive ingredients. I’m also not sure what concentrates might do to lens coatings. So using that to polish specs seems like a bad idea to me.

1 Like

I guess there’s still a lot of old serviceable helmets out there, though. But, you may be right; some say raw Fairy Liquid may eventually degrade an anti-glare coating, but I doubt it has anything abrasive in it. But just dipping them in soapy water and letting them dry with a quick polish to remove drying stains can’t do much harm, if someone is afraid of using raw Fairy Liquid. I’m sure there are proprietary solutions advertising anti-mist properties, that are specifically designed for specs, but I can’t be arsed to look any up because I don’t actually have this problem other than when I’m wearing a mask when doing a bit of DIY (which is rare).

I’ve been cleaning my glasses with a rub over with a dot of Fairy Liquid and then a good rinse off with water for years and notice no damage to my lenses.

And wearing an anti-virus mask is also pretty rare as I’m practising to become a hermit until there’s a vaccine (may be forever) due to my immunosuppression. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.