Adorable baby skunk is adorable

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/13/adorable-baby-skunk-is-adorabl.html

Just don’t piss them off.

10 Likes

Skunklings for the win!

(Or is it skunklets?)

14 Likes

What an adorable little stinker!

17 Likes

Behold, the very smell of cute.

Pew =x.

6 Likes

15 Likes

They’re referred to as kits. Like baby foxes.

Skunks are cool critters. Despite the reputation they’re pretty reticent to skunk you, and they’re surprisingly friendly and curious. Behave a lot like cats. Had an uncle who volunteered for a wild life rescue, raised a few of the fuckers and kept them as pets.

12 Likes

So true. Skunks are very chill and good natured. Considering their numbers they cause very few problems for humans. For stupid dumbass dogs, however, it’s another matter.

10 Likes

12 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: squee! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Thank you, @xeni! (I’m gonna @ you with thanks for every wholesome post because it’s so needed right now. Cancer is taking my best friend’s husband away from us very quickly, and the world is a scary place, but there is still wholesome joy and squee to make it feel easier for a few moments.)

17 Likes

I’ve always wanted a pet skunk. So cute, so lovable and smart. But aside from legal difficulties, I’ve been reluctant ever since a friend who did have one sent a video of it tearing apart and burrowing into their mattress.

8 Likes

YouTube related for me was a review of Wolf of Wall Street, with a cover photo of Di Caprio’s Belfort raising a glass on his boat. Sort of fitting, I guess.

3 Likes

Fuck cancer. And have some more skunks, stat.

18 Likes

My mom kept a skunk as a pet in a refrigerator box in the backyard when I was little.

4 Likes

skunks are flipping adorable, more video evidence (speakers up!):

19 Likes

As cute skunk vids go, I’m a fan of this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp7K37uQ3K4

11 Likes

I’m a fan of skunks. My cat (Princess Pretty Paws) has a skunk buddy who lives next door, we got video of them hanging out last night. I don’t yet have video proof that they have, in fact, mastered the use of explosives to dig my lawn… but I’ll get it… :crazy_face: In the mean time, it’s free aeration and grub removal.

8 Likes

That was the BEST.

4 Likes

I have nothing for cancer, but here is my favorite picture of a cute skunk:

11 Likes

My older sister had a pet skunk way back when. Either before or just after I was born, so I don’t remember it. Years later, my Mom made it very clear that she was not a fan. It got into EVERYTHING, and was prone to scratching people. Sounds like an animal best enjoyed on YouTube or in the wild.

3 Likes

If Chuck Jones has taught me anything, its that Skunk/Cat couplings can go bad really fast.

10 Likes