Bored Karen harasses woman in park for walking a pig on a leash: "It's huge!"

Originally published at: Bored Karen harasses woman in park for walking a pig on a leash: "It's huge!" | Boing Boing

9 Likes

After having a pleasant, socially-distanced gathering with vaccinated friends, we’ve come to the conclusion that the only way out of this is frequent, loud, public, coordinated and consistent SHAMING of these people.

See someone refusing to wear a mask correctly or harassing someone else who’s going about their business?

LOUD, REPEATED, EFFECTIVE PUBLIC SHAMING.

If they want the attention, give it to them. Force it upon them. Make it irresistible.

13 Likes

I am reminded of that scene from the film Snatch where the voracious appetite of pigs is put to good use. I’m not suggesting anything, it merely occurrs to me that this is the sort of problem that can solve itself.

26 Likes

Now this is a big pig…

3 Likes

I’ve never understood this antipathy to taking an opportunity to be delighted, but it seems to be a thing for a lot of people. I just wish they’d keep their misery and unhappiness to themselves.

49 Likes

“You are being a grumpy pants!”

16 Likes

Probably the most important part of this incident: the pig’s name is Chorizo.

53 Likes

45 Likes

“I’m fond of pigs.”

That pig seems better trained and behaved than the Karen.

25 Likes

And it spews less shit.

23 Likes

I hate pigs - but if I saw one at a park on a leash, I’d be like, “Meh.”

8 Likes

I know pigs are social and fairly intelligent. I did have the impression that pigs are more prone to spreading salmonella than dogs or cats, though. A quick google didn’t really give me any confirmation one way or another, though.

1 Like
2 Likes

I was once visiting Florida and we saw a guy out walking a pig much like this. It was really fun to see, all the kids in the park were so excited and everybody had a good time.

18 Likes

Even if true, that only matters if you’re rolling around in pig crap. If she is picking it up herself, I don’t see how that would be a significant risk.

All feces brings some risk of disease.

8 Likes

Cat and dog shit, I’m sure, are vectors for disease.

I avoid those diseases easily by not touching cat or dog shit, which I’m sure are more generally abundant than pig shit in the average American park.

It’s not hard, people.

8 Likes
8 Likes

Deep and enduring wounds?

Good.

Also, psychology’s probably changed in the past 5 years.

6 Likes

Misery loves company is ascribed to many writers. I don’t know if this behavior comes from a desire to be heard, to control, or to interact (even if in a negative way). Too bad people like this won’t just live and let live.

17 Likes