Bored Karen harasses woman in park for walking a pig on a leash: "It's huge!"

29 Likes

12 Likes

The words “politics”, “racism”, “fascism”, and “[the Former Guy’s name]” don’t appear once in that article. Shaming may or may not work in personal and private situations, but in the context of reprehensible public behaviour it can do the job.

19 Likes

I was walking my dog in my neighbourhood a few years ago, and across the road, I swear, someone was walking a goat on a leash, wearing an adorable coat. I did have to say “Is that a goat?!” and I felt badly that they scurried away, when the reality was that I would have LOVED to say hello to their goat.

29 Likes

And more recently - and very funky:

6 Likes

When I was ranching in North Cali. Sonoma, my neighbor was a goat farmer. I traded downed apples for goat cheese/milk/butter. We made a gate from her property to mine, and bi-weekly the goats came in and eat the downed apples under her watchful eye. They are truly wonderful creatures, and the fresh cheese/milk was a nice perk.

21 Likes

Emotional support animals come in all shapes and sizes - taken back in 2015:

Yes, that’s a skunk, here in the Surrey hills, UK. In searching for more info just now, I was amused - and pleased - to find results such as this:

That’s another gig for the diary! :grin:

10 Likes

“They go through bone like butt-ta!”

19 Likes

This is really not a Karen, but a different species known as an “HOA busybody”. They’ve been around for much longer, but now that I think of it it’s quite plausible that Karens evolved from them.

25 Likes

Rather have a well-behaved pig on a leash with a responsible owner cleaning up after it than a dog let run free by the owner who doesn’t pick up after it. We don’t let emotional support animals in the library anymore, after several irresponsible pet parents did not control them and tried to use ESA as a reason.

14 Likes

We all like a nice drive now and then.

7 Likes

Descenting skunks to keep them as pets is a thing people do, though I certainly would not condone it. I’m sure the process is inhumane, and skunks are not domesticated animals. No better as a pet than raccoons, chimps, or other wild animals that people insist on keeping.

12 Likes

Pigs are super smart, and I’m sad that good boy had to listen to that crazy lady go off about him. I hope he got a Dairy Queen or something afterward.

8 Likes

The pig owner’s language was so charming. “Grumpy pants,” “crabby lady.” I felt like they were Peanuts characters.

14 Likes

Best thing to do in a situation like this is stop being polite and asking the person to “please” leave us alone. Here’s what I’ve found works:

1. Don’t say a god-damn word. Don’t give them your name, don’t tell them if you live there or not. Nothing.
  2. Stop walking or doing anything and just stare at the Karen with deadpan eyes and a clenched jaw. This works especially well for me since I’m 6’6’’ and can make a quite nasty looking face.
  3. (optional) Get em’ to run. Once they start walking away (no doubt hitting the speed-dial to the HOA) start making the animals’ noise. In this case, use your best squeal or snort. If your pet or support animal doesn’t make noises, then do something else weird like pull a “Donald Sutherland - Invasion of the Body Snatchers” type squeal. Anything to sear that memory in the woman’s head and keep them up at night.
6 Likes

Karen: "This is America! Oink English!

11 Likes

I hadn’t even thought that possible. It seems it’s legal to own a skunk in the UK, but illegal to remove the scent glands unless for a legitimate medical reason. No idea what the situation is here.

Agreed on not keeping them as pets though. Even if they’re called Elvis (which he apparently is).

4 Likes

it would have taken all my self control to keep myself from hurling that bag of pig crap at her.

2 Likes

I would love to see a pig on a walk in the park.

6 Likes

You call us “Cali”?

I had so much respect for you, my dude.

3 Likes