Adult Swim just released the intro for My Adventures With Superman

Originally published at: Adult Swim just released the intro for My Adventures With Superman | Boing Boing

1 Like

That’s certainly got some anime opening vibes, but it’s not nearly long enough.

1 Like

So we’re finally getting that Jimmy Olsen cartoon that no one asked for.

A strong anime influence on Superman and other DC cartoons is nothing new. This was noted with Batman: The Animated Series (1992 - 95), Superman: TAS (1996 - 2000), and Justice League / Justice League Unlimited (2001 - 06). I’m not actually getting much from the trailer except a fairly young looking Kal El. :person_shrugging:

I’m pretty vocal about this anytime Superman comes up, but I’ll repeat it here: I’d love to see a series featuring Jon Kent, Kal El’s son. But that may be just because I love the queer representation and how much it pisses off conservatives. :laughing: Another good alternative could be Kong Kenan.

It’s not that I object to more stories with Kal El, it’s that there are other characters out there that haven’t gotten screen time (or not as much screen time.) Let’s see some of their stories too!

5 Likes

cater to children and man-children

That’s me! I am man-children.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.