Advertisers trying to target your dreams

Originally published at: Advertisers trying to target your dreams | Boing Boing

2 Likes

“incubation”? They didn’t mean to use the word “inception”?

9 Likes

i would hate ads from apple- that would be a nightmare, other relevant ads are ok

2 Likes
12 Likes
18 Likes

A better technique would be to place the subject’s hand in a warm bowl of water.

6 Likes

Explains why I find my self sitting on the toilet a lot during my dreams

6 Likes

So they want to associate their brand with my inability to find my car, my anxiety over forgetting where my high school class is twenty plus years after graduation, and my realization that I’m in a dream but failure to do anything interesting with that knowledge?

14 Likes

Like blipverts?

6 Likes

So if you expose people to a lot of ads for your product, or ads that use images closely associated with your product, before they go to sleep, they’ll dream about your product. Sometimes. Yeah, that doesn’t seem very cost effective.

3 Likes

I thought the recent series of interviews and the weighing of pros and cons of mundane decisions was my dream equivalent of Hell…

Advertisers trying to target your dreams

tumblr_2f39e08b231d1d689a37627ea7f076c2_67524f18_400

13 Likes

Last I checked, I’ve never made a purchase influenced by my dreams. Perhaps they uh…overthought this problem.

7 Likes

Ha. Jokes on them. I mostly dream about thrift shopping.

(I actually dreamed last night that I met Joe Biden while he was shopping at Goodwill. I walked up to him and asked him if he ever watched “The Wire” then we talked about how they pronounce “water” in Philly.)

4 Likes

This explains my nightmares…

3 Likes

I’m less worried about advertisers and more concerned they might’ve stumbled upon the cause of “Foxmania” or “Foxitis.” :dizzy_face: Whatever you do, don’t let susceptible folks fall asleep during right wing news broadcasts! :fearful:

4 Likes

Advertisers can fuck right off.

13 Likes

Came here for this.

Anyone who has had a programming dream would surely accept a Coors light dream.

Which advertising magnate said that he knew half his spend was money down the drain, but he just didn’t know which half? J.Walter Thompson? Someone like that.

Yeah, this is probably in the wasted half.

5 Likes