After airlines stop serving warm nuts, a Texas supplier is stuck with 87,000 lb of them

“Hey baby, my nuts weigh 44 tons”

1 Like

Upside: a 14+ hour flight on All Nippon Airways has free wine and beer for economy class.
Downside: Economy class seats are not well suited for anyone over 5’8

1 Like

87,000 pounds of nuts and what do get?
Another day older and deeper in debt

6 Likes

That’s halfway to a frozen mudslide.

1 Like

I dunno, he doesn’t appear to have teeth in either picture, so maybe?

1 Like

Taking a gander at their almonds a 1lb request is 7.99 in the meantime in Amazon I can get 2lbs for $12.33 so in any event for me, it’d be less expensive to go with Amazon for that specific nut.

1 Like

I know some vegans who tried to make cheese out of seeds (almonds, hazelnuts, and cashews). Cashews made a good base. Some of the “cottage cheese” types were nice, but in general, more cured versions were not good.

I really wonder about pistachios - they are usually to expensive for that kind of experiments, and have a stronger taste than cashews. BTW, both aren’t nuts, and they are related.

I also wonder what would happen if a real cheesemaker would start really trying. That could turn out some interesting stuff. Not really cheese, but something new with an equally aquires taste.

But what are exacly warm nuts?
Because dried nuts could become nut cream, nut icecream, sicilian granita, and hazelnuts could be used to make Nulella…

So sorry but I just had to chip in on a nut thread…

Amazons have nuts?

snigger

Just give them back to Dee.

God, it took so freaking long for someone to make that reference.

There’s commercially made “cheese” made from nuts but I’ve never tried it so I don’t know how firm it is.

In rrality, tofu is made using the same process as cheese. You grind up soybeabpns with water to vet soymikk, then add a coagulant, which males the soymilk solidify. That gives yiu curds and then you put it in a press to squeeze out they whey.

I assume using nuts is the same process.

Maybe they get them from the company that makes truck nuts?

Amazon women with truck nuts! Get outta here!

pleases-the-nut

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.