After being fired by Disney for transphobic and antisemitic statements, Gina Carano's new movie has epically flopped

They did mention not feeling the schadenfreud…

12 Likes

I would have thought that an actor would have a better understanding of the value of pandering to the audience.

4 Likes

Deciding not to hire somebody because they’re toxic is not “blacklisting.”

28 Likes

More so, no matter how much this happens, they never learn the lesson that the world is telling them to fix their beliefs or at least keep your damn mouths shut about it like you did before 2016. These people always existed, but used to know to keep it to themselves.

They always interpret it as a “woke mob cancelling them” instead of the majority of the public showing them the door. No matter how much it hurts them, even. This case is a perfect example. She literally threw away a successful movie career (something millions would kill for) for some shitposting on Twitter.

45 Likes

The one that makes me laugh is the person who says they love Alien. If Alien came out today they’d hate it because Ripley is “unlikeable”, and she dismisses Dallas and Kane as wrong when they try to break quarantine (which she’s right about, of course). And Lambert is trans according to Aliens…

34 Likes

i want more accounting numbers.
please tell me the budgets involved. sure, carano is falling on her face, but i want to know how hard daily news is failing!

3 Likes

And yet conservatives continue to claim, “Get woke, go broke.” How hard would it have been for Carano to NOT be a festering shitbag in public? Way to sink your career. I hope others take her case as a lesson.

11 Likes

Apparently it cost 74 million

9 Likes

Much moreso, IMHO, is that they just cannot come to grips with the fact that they are a small minority. They are not “average Americans,” they do not speak for some mythical disenfranchised white populace, demographically, they do not matter. If not for gerrymandered and twisted political factors, no one would care.

45 Likes

I respectfully disagree on this point! I hope these bigots continue to show us who they are and suffer the consequences!

18 Likes

But… but… SILENT MAJORITY!!! /s

Also, it strikes me that the rise of the right wing media (and the right wing Christian media) landscape since the 90s and the end of the fairness doctrine is a major part of the problem, as these shitheads often end up with a place to land after getting “canceled” from the “mainstream media”… and for some reason, the “mainstream media” feels like it has to give these assholes a voice, despite them having an alternative…

28 Likes

At least it was the right forum…

rupauls drag race television GIF

16 Likes

I think that also feeds into how they think they actually are a majority, since where they are, that’s pretty much all they hear.

26 Likes

It’s a shame that you’re schadenfreude impaired.

No worries- I’ll feel it for you.

27 Likes

Yeah… meanwhile, most of us at least make an effort to hear what they’re doing and saying… in fact it often eats up news cycles. We are in fact, often told that “understanding them” and why they’re so hateful, and being “sympathetic” is critical to engaging with them, which includes even letting them continue to say hateful shit. But of course, all they do is mock and bully when it comes to anyone they don’t like. And that’s not how you deal with bullies…

27 Likes

Just had a run in with one of these yesterday, who was so shocked that her bullying and threatening got her nowhere that she stormed out and filed a complaint against me. Yeah, no regrets at all. Kowtowing to a bully just guarantees more bullying.

36 Likes

Yep Bingo GIF by MOODMAN

25 Likes

And the 2022 Award for Excellence in Self-Owning via Twitter Shitposting goes to…

…well, Elon Musk, of course. But let’s give a big hand to our First Runner Up, Gina Carano!!

27 Likes

You win at gifs for the day :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The one thing Trump did right was those bright red MAGA hats. I appreciate being able to spot and avoid an asshole from 200 yards out.

21 Likes