After being fired by Disney for transphobic and antisemitic statements, Gina Carano's new movie has epically flopped

Originally published at: After being fired by Disney for transphobic and antisemitic statements, Gina Carano's new movie has epically flopped | Boing Boing

15 Likes

the mindy project GIF by HULU

Consequences and repercussions.

39 Likes

55 Likes

This Is The Way GIF

66 Likes

I wish I could take Schadenfreude in this, but I’m just sad. It would be lovely if we could all just not.

4 Likes

Go Fash, No Cash
-Beau of the Fifth Column

48 Likes

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

40 Likes

Lol

61 Likes

Angry Harrison Ford GIF

Why care about people who punch down and embrace fascism? She wants to apologize and make amends for the people she’s hurt? Great. Until then, she can keep fucking off.

65 Likes

“not” what, please?

37 Likes

These days, Carano primarily stars in movies made for The Daily Wire

Right-wingers will never understand how directly at odds their core values are with producing successful entertainment products. At best they’ll connect with niche audiences that rely on peer pressure as a marketing tactic (e.g. Xtianists).

33 Likes

Based on the context, my guess is “be like Gina Carano”.

5 Likes

high quality GIF

12 Likes

I read it as “not make fun of her total failure.” But that could be wrong, hence why I asked.

17 Likes

What’s sad about a bigot failing miserably in selling her product to the general public? Unless one is a bigot oneself, that seems like an objectively good thing.

33 Likes

Let’s hope so. You are unfortunately quite possibly right. :frowning:

3 Likes

30 Likes

I wonder if he has any t-shirts with this slogan? I want one.

14 Likes

So while this rejection of the movie is hilarious, it’s worth keeping in mind that it was produced for the Daily Wire’s streaming service and was released to cinemas for reasons similar to Netflix doing it with their higher-profile productions. It’s probably going to be a success overall in terms of maintaining engagement and helping to establish another walled garden of content that’s completely opaque to the general public and serving to radicalise its audience.

Or maybe not? Because it turns out its being rejected by a bunch of the target audience as well:

32 Likes

LOL it’s almost like her target audience has a problem with strong female leads! Who knew?!

65 Likes