After being fired by Disney for transphobic and antisemitic statements, Gina Carano's new movie has epically flopped

I think Gina is far from runner-up - she’s mediocre at even self-owning shitposts.
The battle for #1 and #2 is clearly between Musk and Andrew Tate.

24 Likes

Oh No Omg GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

22 Likes

maybe GendunAha might not see a silver lining, but that sure made ME happy.

7 Likes

How many free market right capitalists will complain about cancel culture and how it ruined this woman’s career while not spending any of their capital to support it?

11 Likes

box office results: $804.

This sounds to me like they had a single opening night in a single theater. Has anyone seen how many theaters that is for? If it was more, how embarrassing. Straight to video on Blaze TV? Man, they sure are owning the libs /s

Cara Dune was in interesting character, shame Gina is a POS, especially compared to Pedro Pascal who seems to be a good guy.

8 Likes

Is there a single example they can point to where that happened?

13 Likes

Go fash no cash.

11 Likes

Also probably a tactical mistake to depict the former Confederate soldiers as the bad guys if you want right-wingers to support the movie.

15 Likes

Honestly, she was terrible in the Mandalorian, anyway. I was shocked when the rumors of her own show spin-off started. I could never suspend disbelief enough to see her as anyone but a current day wrestler person. She just exuded “I’m acting, in front of a camera.”

So in addition to being a terrible person, she’s a terrible actor as well.

5 Likes

I think Tate gets some points for style; that tale had more twists than a pretzel.

4 Likes

Right where she belongs. Never tolerate fascists.

23 Likes

Eh, I didn’t have any problem with her performance in that show. But she was a mildly interesting supporting character, not someone who really warranted her own series.

6 Likes

Danny Trejo, in the other hand, totally needs his own spin-off show.

19 Likes

Disney held the door open, waved her through, and she decided to wipe her shit-covered boots on the rug instead of using the mat on the front porch, like a dumbass. It’s hard to feel bad for her.

6 Likes

I’d watch a show about Danny Trejo going outside to pick up the newspaper.

26 Likes

The film was made for streaming by the Daily Wire, a right-wing news site. There were probably legal or contractual reasons for giving it a token theatrical release.

10 Likes

He’d make a great pirate character from the outer rim.

Oh, I know, Star Wars: Cantina Tales. He’s a bar tender on a back water planet, slinging drinks. Every episode he shoots the shit with someone passing through who each tell a story, with Trejo interrupting with color commentary.

“Wait, you’re telling me you did the Kessel run in 12 parsecs? You know that parsecs are a measurement of distance, not time, right?”

“Well, uh, yeah. That’s what I’m saying. I found a short cut, making the trip even shorter! Chewie can back me up, right Chewie?”

“Rawrllrawrrwarrlle”

“See? Who would argue with the word of a Wookie?”

“I see, continue.”

14 Likes

The Daily Wire is an American right-wing[1], conservative news and opinion website founded in 2015 by political commentator Ben Shapiro[2] who was the site’s editor-in-chief,[3][4] funded by the Wilks Brothers.

You may remember the Wilkes Brothers from their fake “pregnancy crisis centers”.

12 Likes

If they pick up This Fool for a second season, I hope to dog they bring in Danny for a guest star role.

5 Likes

Pirate? Given his gentle demeanor and friendly disposition I think his casting as the Rancor keeper of was quite appropriate.

4 Likes