After denial, Trump says he's considering dumping migrants in sanctuary cities

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/12/after-denial-white-house-stat.html

4 Likes

Are sanctuary cities a better for undocument migrants or are they worse for illegal immigrants?

4 Likes

I live in upstate NY and would welcome migrants. If NYC is overwhelmed we could totally accommodate up here. We have jobs to fill and a distinct lack of decent ethnic cuisine. Let’s do this.

57 Likes

They have about 20,000 people in detainment?

The Airports in NYC have 125 million passengers a year - they get numerous cruise ships every day - each ship has 4-5,000 passengers. One transit line into the City the Long Island Railroad has a ridership of 87 million a year. The subway has 6 million riders daily.

I’m sure they’re very impressed.

38 Likes

I’m not sure he understands how this migrant thing works.

43 Likes

FTFY.

49 Likes

@Humbabella crushed this topic earlier:

43 Likes

Normally I enjoy your creepy photoshops @beschizza, but this is bordering on too much.

38 Likes

I see what you did there :wink:

11 Likes

Next stop, making Muslim detainees wear jumpsuits made from bacon.

0 Likes

There, I toned it down

46 Likes

thank you!!!

11 Likes

Trump might be able to shoot a man in Times Square and get elected, but I’m not sure if using immigrant babies as a revenge plot will go over so hot.

5 Likes

13 Likes

i think you’re overestimating his base’s compassion and much of the rest of the country’s willingness to look the other way.

5 Likes

I’m sure that a big chunk of his base will think this is fine and dandy.

But I also think that families with kids will see pictures on the news of trucks literally dumping immigrant kids into various cities as Trump cackles and will be disgusted.

15 Likes

You mean the fake news trucks? They’d do anything to besmirch the good name of the Donald.

5 Likes

I hear trump golf courses are good places for encampments.

27 Likes

If SDNY can get moving, they might be able to seize Trump Tower in time to house many of these people seeking asylum.

33 Likes

Agreed, let’s continue the diversification and boom we’ve already seen from the immigrants we’ve received in cities like Rochester and Buffalo.

10 Likes