After denial, Trump says he's considering dumping migrants in sanctuary cities

I’ve done yet more thinking about the idiocy of this. I mean, dump them in sanctuary cities after giving them what status? Because if they don’t first confer a legal right for the people to be in the country before transporting them to some city they are almost certainly breaking the law; not in a procedural way but in a warrant-out-for-your-arrest way.

31 Likes

what would be the antonym for annexation? maybe the new republican strategy will be to disjoin sanctuary cities from the union, deport remaining political enemies to the cities, then declare war on them. wars in other parts of the world are too messy.

3 Likes

This is nothing but a distraction. It would be completely illegal. The Congress has subpoena’d the Mueller Report.

20 Likes

Not if we put the newsreels of immigrants unloading en masse off trucks into downtown LA to this song:

Millions of conservatives dead from aneurysms.

6 Likes

I will note that this is written in the present tense. As in this is a thing actively being considered. (I needed to rephrase it form the article slightly, because I do not, personally, believe that Il Douche “thinks” at all.) And I think this is about “owning the libs” as he views this as punishment for defying him. I suspect the outcome will not please him, though.

15 Likes

Wait, are you saying there is a vacancy or two in America? I thought this place is full?

25 Likes

Sooo. . .from “we don’t want illegal immigrants here” to “we DO want illegal immigrants here so we can punish liberals with them” in one quick move?

Or another way to look at it: sanctuary cities are bad, immigrants are bad, but two wrongs make a right?

Sanctuary cities should say “OK, bring them to us” and call his bluff.

[ETA: I wonder what Fox News would make of that. . . "Yeah, in your face! No, wait. . . more immigrants coming. . . we. . . we’ve been played!]

17 Likes

Most sanctuary cities have processes and programs in place to handle the immigrants, at least. You know, compassion.

But, yeah, this is the kind of sophomoric thing his base eats up.

31 Likes

Trump might be trying to reincarnate ghettoization. And I hope that is blows up in his face.

10 Likes

And 5 years later you look back and see that theses cities had economic growth that coincided with the uptick in immigrant population?

That is, assuming not TOO many influx at once. There is a limit to how fast one can absorb a population. Spaced out all over America would be able to handle numbers better than a handful of cities, but I don’t know how many cities are on the hypothetical list.

14 Likes

Yup, that fits the pattern.

37 Likes

Just for the sake of argument let’s assume Drumpf isn’t insane for a moment, and further assume that he means this to be some sort of threat to the “radical left” that are in charge of “sanctuary cities”. If he were to carry through with his threat, then, wouldn’t that constitute some sort of attack on his own country? And, then, I suppose it follows that he must be classed as a “terrorist”. OMG! Subtract the orange layer, and I guess he does fit the profile of a right-wing domestic terrorist!

6 Likes

Great!
Can we stash them all in Trump Tower or 40 Wall Street?

5 Likes

Please. Like trump is literate enough to use “shat”.

Trump would definitely say “shitted”.

22 Likes

They cannot conceive of a situation where someone says they hold a position because they actually hold said position rather than to score points or some other ulterior motive. They know they would never do such a thing, therefore no one else could do so either.

28 Likes

Ummm… Don’t the migrants likely want to go to a sanctuary city? And once they are dropped off, won’t they just go where they want?

17 Likes

I’m sure it’s the resonance with the base that made them turn around on this. Even those who live in the destination cities will welcome the opportunity to prove their point and stick it to the libs.

3 Likes

I wont be contented until there is a taco truck on every corner of my city

27 Likes

I kinda have this in my city, 43% latino. It is awesome. Send more!

8 Likes

Ironic that D.C. is a sanctuary city isn’t it?

9 Likes