After George Soros dumps Tesla stock, Elon Musk says "Soros hates humanity"

Funny how Musk, although he was peeved at Bill Gates for massively shorting Tesla, didn’t go so far as to compare him to a supervillain, or to claim he was against humankind.

I wonder what the difference could be? I guess the world will never know.

From CNBC:

In the text exchange, which couldn’t be independently verified by CNBC, Musk asked Gates: “Do you still have a half billion dollar short position against Tesla?”

To which Gates replied: “Sorry to say I haven’t closed it out. I would like to discuss philanthropy possibilities.”

Musk shot back: “Sorry, I cannot take your philanthropy on climate change seriously when you have a massive short position against Tesla, the company doing the most to solve climate change.”

10 Likes

(citation needed)

16 Likes

Selling what had been high-earning at a loss is savvy: he can pick up currently depressed stocks from stable companies for better long term gain and log those capital losses against any gains in his 2023 taxes (plus carry-over to future tax bills, if needed).

8 Likes

Sold it before Musk came back to twitterize Tesla?

6 Likes

Recycling this from when he bought Twitter, but still…

8 Likes
9 Likes
4 Likes

Gah.

No paywall: https://archive.ph/iaXOk

4 Likes

“Criticism of Soros - who finances the most hostile organizations to the Jewish people and the state of Israel is anything but anti-Semitism, quite the opposite!” he added.

“This rich Jew does things we don’t like, so go ahead and say whatever you like about him.”

6 Likes

Netanyahu’s Orthodox fundie allies can be very anti-Semitic in their own way. If you’re not the “right” kind of Jew (superficially observant, socially conservative, expansionist when it comes to Israel) you’re just another member of the globalist liberal conspiracy against good, God-fearing people.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.