This interview with Elon Musk is terrifying

Originally published at: This interview with Elon Musk is terrifying | Boing Boing

5 Likes

There’s also Musk’s insistence in the CNBC interview that just because the Allen, Texas shooter hung out on racist sites, had Nazi tattoos and wore a vest labelled ‘Right Wing Death Squad’ that doesn’t necessarily make him a white supremacist.

I’m sure that’ll help Twitter get its advertisers back.

25 Likes

The funny thing is he doesn’t even understand the questions.

His answer is basically “I decided to tweet about the murderer in Texas as I felt it was important to defend white supremacy from defamation” and he seems baffled by the idea that maybe that shouldn’t be a priority.

24 Likes

The most infuriating thing to me is he is misquoting/misrepresenting one of the best scenes in one of the best movies ever!

Inigo doesn’t say he doesn’t “I don’t care.” after toying with Count Rugen to offer him money and power. He says, “I want my father back, you son of a b!tch!”

It is a clear story of revenge and justice - not that he just didn’t care and was going to do what ever it was he wanted. He had clear motivations and goals and a righteous quest.

Musk is just fucking around with his own digital fiefdom like a toy. It’s true he doesn’t care what people think (only he does care), but leave Inigo’s name out of your mouth.

22 Likes

Gilbert Gottfried What An Asshole GIF

14 Likes

Wesley vs Inigo is such a wonderful scene; funny, exciting, with a great set, and filmed in wide-shot to show off the action :kissing_heart::ok_hand: A wonderful homage to the golden age of Holywood fencing.

18 Likes

It’s Asian American heritage month. The area is known for having a high Asian population though it is very popular generally. A swaztika tattooed white supremacist shot a Korean family, south Asians, and a security guard who tried to help people.

The denial here is astounding.

20 Likes

Per CNN Business, Soros sold his ~330,000 shares of Tesla stock “in the final three months of 2022”, and Musk sold 22,000,000 shares of Tesla stock “in recent months”.

And it’s Soros who “hates humanity”. Where does that leave Musk?

19 Likes

Cads Against Humanity.

15 Likes

Re Musk, I seriously believe that some sort of intervention is required.

7 Likes

Musk has explicitly stated he was buying twitter to help humanity, which he loves. This should also help clarify what he means by the term – future babies brought up to revere him and his half-baked ideology, rather than the Homo sapiens currently living on this planet.

11 Likes

He rejected the evidence that the Allen shooter was a Nazi. He said that it was planted by Bellingcat as a “psyop”.

11 Likes

That’s some top-shelf paranoia, right there.

15 Likes

Why let him pass at “it’s my opinion”. Too often the “it’s my belief” card is a get out of jail free card. Interrogate, grill and expose.

11 Likes

Apartheid Trust-Fund Boy doesn’t believe that white supremacism is a thing (or at least that it’s a bad thing).
Imagine my surprise.

19 Likes

… he was waiting for a system update

Musk says he’ll put a Neuralink chip in his brain when they are ready

10 Likes

What about the bit where he claimed working from home is morally wrong because some people have jobs where they can’t.

11 Likes

And then he shadow-banned Bellingcat.

Get used to it. It’s going to keep increasing.

He really should talk to lawyers specializing in Section 230 type stuff. Old Twitter did limit people, but only according to policies. I’m not sure if his random spasms of ego would be as protected.

15 Likes

A rare dumbass on the Fediverse replied to a post of mine with the “Ha ha, you fool! You Fell Victim to One of the Classic Blunders” image.

I pointed out that he was using a quote from a guy who was dead at the end of his monologue. Then I used the Ignore function.

15 Likes

I heard that some workers sit in semi trucks for long hours, months at a time, so really the rest of us probably shouldn’t be going home at all!

13 Likes