After training for a year to become a DEA agent, a woman found out she was tricked — her teacher was an imposter

Originally published at: After training for a year to become a DEA agent, a woman found out she was tricked — her teacher was an imposter | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Palm Beach woman accuses man of tricking her in to believing she was the First Lady throughout a four-year-long charade.

30 Likes

One should never identify too closely with Bill Paxton’s character in “True Lies.”

15 Likes

I’ve got to wonder if there was actual deception of the woman here, or if these two were colleagues and one is throwing the other under the bus. Either way, I wish we could popcorn this but I’m sure I’ll forget about it within a week.

7 Likes

So now the cop wannabees are recruiting?

4 Likes

i can actually hear the grinding of her teeth

5 Likes

“Lurn how too be a police guy. I’m in apartmint 36. Pleaz nock quiet, don’t wake up me moms.”

6 Likes

It’s not clear why Golden went to such lengths to deceive the woman

That sweet, sweet DEA school tuition? :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

he tried to dupe the officers into thinking it had all just been part of elaborate cosplaying.

Some people, I’ll tell ya…

1 Like

I find it strange that he kept up the charade for an entire year before being caught. He must have been making quite a lot in order for this to be worth maintaining.

I certainly hope there’s a Netflix documentary out this Spring which will fill us in on all the juicy details!!!

First thing I thought of too, right down to the BB gun. So possibly another example of a pathetic man trying to make himself look like a big shot to impress the woman he was trying to seduce?

4 Likes

Wow. I have hard of cop imposters before, but none who go at it so hard they “recruited” someone else.

2 Likes

That’s just weird. Isn’t it actually easier to get a real AR-15 in this country than it is to get a BB gun?

10 Likes

There goes the entire setup for Breaking Bad.

5 Likes

That’s when they changed the policy. Walter ruined it for the rest of us.

5 Likes

I’m glad the guy was caught, but I can’t find much sympathy for anyone who wanted to become a DEA agent.

7 Likes

im betting it was for the drugs. if he/they were working informants, there was also probably some “i wont arrest you if you give me that meth” going on

7 Likes

Says something about the level of intelligence of people who want to be DEA agents, I guess…

Probably more like the usual power trip of pretending to be law enforcement was reinforced by having someone else buying into the fantasy and running around with him as an underling.

7 Likes

I’m reminded of this Florida man who had a team of pseudo-cops working for him.

5 Likes

The woman’s story is very peculiar.

How was she “recruited”? Did she think people just rolled up and offered DEA agent jobs on the street?

Applying for any Federal job, let alone sworn positions is an elaborate dance and any semi-rational adult would know this.

There’s more to this story: She is either terminally dense or not telling the truth on a level with “Pirates broke in and made me eat all the cookies, mommy!”

3 Likes