Woman arrested for impersonating FBI agent to get free Chick-fil-A

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/10/woman-arrested-for-impersonating-fbi-agent-to-get-free-chick-fil-a.html

2 Likes

Rookie mistake. You go to a diner or café, ask for pie and talk about UFOs and abductions.

16 Likes

Why would anyone assume FBI agents get free food in the first place?

13 Likes

Cops get discounts at a lot of major national chains. In the case of Chic Fil A it seems they let each restaurant set the level of that discount.

7 Likes

To be fair, there really isn’t much else to do in Rockmart…

7 Likes

The name is so misleading! You’d think it would be filled with record stores and music venues!

8 Likes

I can assure it, it is not. Lots of small towns about that size around that part of N. GA, and Rockmart is one of the most boring of the lot.

4 Likes

I wonder if she was really trying to con the store, or was delusional.

5 Likes

Hmmmm, talking into her shirt. So surprised that didn’t work for her. So terribly surprised…

3 Likes

And don’t forget to say, “This is a damn fine cup of coffee.”

4 Likes

I once worked as an evening manager at a coffee house in Newport Beach in the 1990s. We gave a 20% discount to anyone in a uniform and we didn’t really tell them that we did this. One day I was ringing up an order for a cop and I mentioned that I needed to void the transaction because I forgot his discount. He was adamant that I not give him a discount since it was a form of bribery.

Who would have thought?

6 Likes

#notallcops Remarkable.

3 Likes

I really misread this title. It took me far too long to realise she wasn’t receiving Chick-fil-A as a reward for impersonating am FBI agent.

5 Likes

So she was pulling this scam in the hopes of getting a discount on a chicken sandwich?

That’s like getting sent to prison for forging a Subway coupon.

3 Likes

“Woman arrested for impersonating FBI agent to get free Chick-fil-A”

I took this to mean that she was going to get free Chick-fil-A after being arrested for impersonating an FBI agent. Maybe as a reward for doing so, or out of sympathy that the punishment was too harsh.

2 Likes

“Federal Bureau of Investigation? I never said that. I said I was FBI – a Fried Bird Ingester.”

8 Likes

What are the odds that some douche in a “Female Body Inspector” shirt has tried this?

That’s what I was wondering. I didn’t see any videos or stuff, but my first thought was, unless she was just being a total asshat, if I was working there I probably just would’ve assumed she was hungry and couldn’t afford it and given her something to eat. Those places waste so much food, anyway.

4 Likes

Oops, wrong pull quote. It’s this one…

"Well, I’ll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show, and everyone’s getting dressed, and ready and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it. You know, I’m inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good.

“You know, the dresses. ‘Is everyone okay?’ You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody okay?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that. But no, I’ve been very good.”

Ahem…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.