Cops detain black man, then free him when he IDs as an "FBI agent"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/01/officers.html

18 Likes

That feeling when you realize you done fucked up…

25 Likes

43 Likes

These aren’t NYPD, and this isn’t in NYC, and this didn’t happen this week. These are police officers from Rochester, MN, in front of The Grand Rounds Brewing Company on 3rd St. SW on a summer night last year.

“Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.” - Abraham Lincoln

33 Likes

Correction added, thank you.

12 Likes

His statement “anybody can become a cop now,” miters well with the idea that some people should not be police

10 Likes

Very gratifying to hear him call them dumb motherfuckers right to their face multiple times because they deserved it.

17 Likes

very refreshing, but unfortunately not an option for most people. Even white people can’t get away with that most of the time.

And despite the cops’ mistake, they didn’t do anything insanely stupid, like put him on the ground with a gun to his head, or overreact to what he was saying. Probably because of the camera rolling (though obviously that doesn’t work in every case).

5 Likes

Gotta love videos of law enforcement officers getting into self righteous power struggles. Red shirt was a bigger dick by far.

Which actually makes their behavior even more egregious. Still a nice unicorn chaser right now, though.

I mean, in the US, there are similar educational and training requirements to be a hairdresser and police officer. (Often it requires more training to be a hairdresser…)

3 Likes

LOL! Duly noted, thank you for that.
Also: welcome, friend!

2 Likes

Anyone can truthfully tell the police they’re a member of the FBI. Just don’t tell them that it stands for Federal Bureau of Instigation.

I took the police officer test for WDC a few years ago, for shits and giggles. Literally flew through the test and finished first. Some higher-up came by and said “Usually the people who finish first fail, but you passed.” I said, out loud in a room where others were still taking theirs, “If you haven’t finished this test by now you shouldn’t be a cop.” Probably should have said that differently/quietly looking back.

Upshot: I advanced but failed the lie detector for saying I’ve never done drugs or stolen anything. They were right. I’ve stolen drugs.

12 Likes

On the one hand: it’s fun to watch the white cops squirm.

OTOH: the Black FBI agent is also a cop.

ACAB.

2 Likes

The “Longer cut of the video” does not exist …

1 Like

So no COINTELPRO then. Thank God. I thought they brought that bullshit back for a minute there.

Snopes and Reuters say “no” to the FBI claim, but the rest of the video clearly shows racial profiling.

3 Likes

… and I’d like to see the manager

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.