After trial, Rittenhouse's attorney calls GOP stunts "disgusting," and Trump Jr. an "idiot"

Originally published at: After trial, Rittenhouse's attorney calls GOP stunts "disgusting," and Trump Jr. an "idiot" | Boing Boing

6 Likes

When you find your actions being endlessly lauded by the likes of idiots and white nationalists while being condemned by everyone else then it’s time to reconsider whether those actions were, in fact, justifiable.

40 Likes

That would require introspection and self awareness, I’m afraid.

22 Likes

It’s hardly common for an attorney to go public this way, is it? Seems he wants to make it clear he was just doing his job defending Rittenhouse, and that doesn’t mean he likes him.

20 Likes

tumblr_16e27fa697b8e7c20ef799cf711d3c76_052bf0e0_540

63 Likes

65 Likes

It’s his job as a defence attorney, to try and get his client off. Can’t blame Richards for doing his job, and doing it well; if you ask me who deserves the blame, it’s some combination of the judge and the prosecution.

14 Likes

Agreed. Actually the defense attorney had no obligation to get his client off the hook. His only job is to make sure his client gets a fair trial. A job that was made easy in this case due to the judge/prosecution issue you mentioned.

12 Likes

arm wrestle for the privilege to have this kid for an intern???!!! A real man would issue a challenge to a shootout.

13 Likes

Really need to start calling the current crop of GOP Congressional douchecanoes the Clown Caucus.

3 Likes

I think that, among the Man-Boy-Love Brigade, arm-wrestling is maybe more appropriate.

1 Like

Paul Gosar said in a Tweet that he’d “arm wrestle to get dibs for Kyle as an intern.”

I have a better idea! How about pistols at 20 10 5 2 paces! (Don’t want anyone to miss.) The surviving congresscritter (if any) gets to claim him as their honorary intern. (They don’t actually want him as an intern, of course. They just want to signal their support for shooting BLM protesters. The only thing that distinguishes Rittenhouse.)

6 Likes

Maybe he’s worried about all the attention affecting the federal case jury pool?

1 Like

Legally, in our broken justice system, this was justifiable. The jury was correct that he defended himself, given that they weren’t permitted to take into account why he was there with that gun. Everything that led up to the incident and after it was, however, morally and socially reprehensible.

2 Likes

Let Trump have a TV special “The Intern” modeled after “The Apprentice”. Any members of the GQP who want a chance to have Rittenhouse as their intern meet in a hotel / motel / landscaping company office. Once they and Trump are inside, shut the doors then lock / bar / chain / weld them sealed and never speak of the contents of that building ever again.

5 Likes

Then I’m sure the same judge is eager to vacate the convictions of every single woman in Wisconsin prisons who was convicted of killing an abusive spouse or boyfriend, right? I mean, demonstrated abuse is more valid than imaginary fears.

There’s only a few thousand or so cases to go through. I’m sure Schroeder can crank that out in a few weeks, right?

20 Likes

Can any two armed white men legally arrange a duel in Wisconsin now?

Winner claims self-defense, just like the old days

12 Likes

Legally, this was not justifiable. The judge worked overtime to put his thumb, hands, feet and ass on the scale.

14 Likes

AND a crybaby on the witness stand.

20 Likes

Being told to ignore motive is one hell of a caveat. Broken system or not, I’m not sure justifiable is a word I would ever use for it.

11 Likes