Kyle Rittenhouse found not guilty of killing two unarmed people

Originally published at: Kyle Rittenhouse found not guilty of killing two unarmed people | Boing Boing

6 Likes

29 Likes

fucked up

32 Likes

That’s how I feel about the GQP, but it would still be morally and criminally indefensible for me to gun them down.

55 Likes

As a Kenosha resident, I’m disgusted by this outcome, but not exactly surprised. The racists bastards in my city (hell, the whole country) are going to love this result. Fuck.

75 Likes

I did NAZI that verdict coming.

44 Likes

My favorite local Facebook group just had a collective orgasm.

They’re all excited because they believe he will now sue the media that lied about him. Of course if he does that all the evidence the trial judge would not allow most certainly will be allowed in a civil trial. I wonder what they think the media lied about. Truth is usually a pretty good defense in a defamation case.

Of course I ain’t no lawyer but it should be fun to watch.

20 Likes

I’m just not feeling the glib today.

32 Likes

The judge got the verdict he asked for. The jury just played along.

It’s fucking disgusting.

Expect a lot more “it’s coming right for us” killings of leftist protesters to come.

79 Likes

No one is, a travesty of justice, a mockery to all laws of the USA, this is & was a farce trial of epic proportions. I share everyones disgust in perpetuity.

45 Likes

Other than this huge miscarriage of justice, is everything okay there? I was thinking if this happened there might be some really nasty people showing up to “celebrate,” and counter protests, and so on.
Stay safe! :pleading_face:

40 Likes

True, but now according to a Wisconsin judge you can legally claim self defense if they say harsh words to you or catch you leaving a crime scene.

33 Likes

100% disappointed

0% surprised

50 Likes

So, pinch to zoom: not OK. The other thing… Well, yeah…

7 Likes

If Merrick Garland/DOJ does not arrest this puny nazi scumbag, we are a land with out LAW.

22 Likes

show of hands – anyone expect a different verdict? nah, neither did i.

10 Likes

Have to say, I disagree with this. Nothing that involves Kyle Rittenhouse has been or will be fun to watch. Not the victory laps by 2nd Amendment types, not the political posturing from GQP bottom feeders like Boebert, Green and Gaetz, and certainly not the murders that will be committed by newly emboldened white supremacists.

I’ve seen a couple of anticipatory “what went wrong” think pieces already, but they feel too soon and beside the point to me. Today should be for anger and re-dedication to a future that doesn’t let shit like this happen.

Also:

anigif_sub-buzz-31330-1469209227-2

36 Likes

I just can’t stop thinking about how many sexual assault cases hinge on things like, “well, she was dressed like that and she drank alcohol and she was in a bad part of town,” so the guys are basically not responsible and it’s “her fault.”
And here we have a guy who purposefully inserted himself into a tense situation and brought highly visible deadly weapons, and yet it’s somehow not his fault that he killed people.
Not to be glib, bc truly I’m livid, but, “did you see what he was wearing?!?” It was a fucking assault rifle!
:rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

75 Likes

I was naively hoping justice would prevail. I guess the US is not what it used to be.

Oh wait, it’s exactly what it always was.

38 Likes

Now is the time to grant his mistrial motion “in part” so that this could be sent to the federal courts with a different judge.

21 Likes