Kyle Rittenhouse released from jail after paying $2 million cash bond, with help from the MyPillow CEO

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/23/kyle-rittenhouse-released-from-jail-after-paying-2-million-cash-bond-with-help-from-the-mypillow-ceo.html

8 Likes
13 Likes

Well, my days of never buying anything from this pathetic “My Pillow” creep have certainly reached a middle…

21 Likes

How does the bail system work? If Kyle shows up for trial, the bond is returned, but if he tries to run, but gets caught later, is the bond still paid back? Otherwise that would be a best case scenario with a bunch of people losing lots of money and Kyle still going to jail.

10 Likes

[dons orange wool hat]

Why all the divisiveness? I’m sure that the My Pillow guy, Ricky Shroder, Lin Wood (whoever that is), and everyone else who contributed are just intelligent, thoughtful people with valid, conservative attitudes that led them to help put a stochastic terrorist who killed two back on the streets.

[in honour of Ricky…]

Here we are, joined in race
A couple of fascist goons.
Hopin’ to find, our skin colour binds
Spelling their woe, controlling those hoes.

Together, we’re going to bash that gay.
Together, we’re gonna make n*ggers pay.
To learn all about those things Jews just can’t buy.

Two fascist goons together.
You and I together (We’re going to find our way)
You and I together (We’re going to find our way)
You and I together.

12 Likes

I went on IMDB looking for movies to boycott because of Ricky Shroder and…not much in that department.

13 Likes

He’s no Kirk Cameron…

21 Likes

I just looked up Kirk Cameron, too, but his movies are mostly just the kind of stuff they show you at Bible camp and nowhere else.

6 Likes

You know what, if they want to make a celebrity out of this guy, fucking knock yourselves out, assholes. He’s still a child soldier who murdered innocent people in the name of nonsensical bullshit and he’s still probably maybe going to jail for it. You just keep rolling around in your increasingly antichristian cesspool, see if you feel like you’re covering yourselves in glory.

7 Likes

I wonder what is going through the minds of retail executives after hearing that the profits of a pillow product they sell is being used to bail out a domestic terrorist.

13 Likes

The only silver lining I can get out of this situation is that they’re still shouting with a bullhorn about who they really are. You’d think these people would go back to saying the quiet parts quietly after Trump’s loss. It’s cold comfort, but at least I still know who to avoid financially and speak out against publicly.

13 Likes

He’s got one decent made for TV movie that gets aired all the time on History Channel and Military History, “The Lost Battalion”. But it is more because its a WWI story on a budget than anything having to do with him.

4 Likes

Dude isn’t gonna run: he has the full support of the white supremacist judicial system behind him.

7 Likes

He’s looking at 25-60 years in prison depending on what kind of deal his lawyer makes.

Don’t believe the bullshit here. We’ve all seen by now what a right winger will tell the public about their cases in court and what they actually tell a judge are two different things.

20 Likes

Imagine having a life where your “celebrity” friends were Ricky Schroeder, Scott Baio and the My Pillow guy. I’d be too embarrassed to leave the house.

12 Likes

He’ll certainly be treated differently than a PoC who shot two people on the streets. Get ready for the usual tears from his lawyer and supporters about not ruining a teenage boy’s entire life because of a youthful indiscretion.

25 Likes

Ricky Schroder’s real fame comes from the movie The Champ, which at one point in time, was incredibly moving. Now, it’s a true “boycott this one” movie because it also stars John Voight.

Now I see he’s starred in two recent Dolly Parton productions…

giphy(1)

9 Likes

And we love Dolly!

10 Likes

The only movie I was aware of was a made for TV version of Little Lord Fauntleroy, which is only watchable because of Sir Alec Guinness and Sir Patrick Stewart. Everything else just screams early 1980s American network television movie, but for some reason a lot of Germans have made it a Christmas tradition.*

*Germans have really rotten taste in Christmas movies, to be honest.

6 Likes

IANAL, but if i’m not mistaken, if he shows for trial and follow all the guidelines established by the court, after the judgement the money is returned minus the cost of the process and eventual fines.
If he run away/doesn’t show, the bond is forfeited, and then if he is found guilty, it will be as you posted, people losing money and he going to jail.

6 Likes