Kyle Rittenhouse released from jail after paying $2 million cash bond, with help from the MyPillow CEO

It will not surprise me at all if Trump pardons him on the way out of the White House.

1 Like

Correct. He’s more like Danny Bonaduce.
I’m sure that his big aspiration is to become the next Scott Baio

4 Likes

They are state charges. Only the Governor of Wisconsin can pardon him.

18 Likes

Well I guess if they can raise enough money for bail, that is how the system works.

See him in court. Which will be… when? Like a year from now? Trails seem to take forever to get started, especially with Covid. :confused:

1 Like

Just for the record, there is no viable self-defense defense available for Killer Kyle. Wisconsin does not have a “stand your ground law” and its iteration of “the castle doctrine” only applies to defense of people.

Meaning a person has a duty to retreat from danger when confronted and using deadly force in defense only applies to defense of people, not property, and only at one’s own domicile.

His lawyers are fleecing the rubes for fundraising purposes.

19 Likes

Is there even such a thing as a good Christmas movie in any country?

3 Likes

Die Hard?

(Which, ironically, slowly brings us back on topic. I smell a right-wing Christmas Movie coming where Antifa Satanists attack a nice teenager, as he defends the nativity creche in front of Town Hall in Wholesometown, USA)

11 Likes

Miracle on 34th Street with Edmund Gwenn

Its a Wonderful Life (which is not really a Christmas movie, just a public domain one they show at the time)

Mr. Magoo’s Christmas Carol

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

Joyeux Noël (about the Christmas Truce of 1914)

9 Likes

He was, I thought, quite good in “The Lost Battalion” – one of the better WW1 movies, IMHO.

4 Likes

I’m not so sure. IAAL (although not a criminal one), and this analysis rings true here.

5 Likes

Bad Santa.

2 Likes

My guess is “Yay, free exposure!”

2 Likes

Its crap. It misstates several facts already noted.
Rosenbaum was shot at a distance, not while grabbing Rittenhouse’s gun. According to eyewitnesses
Rittenhouse had a duty to retreat from threats, not use deadly force
Rittenhouse initiated the conflict
Wisconsin prohibits use of deadly force for protection of property.
The videos were largely taken after the first killing
Being terrified from the blowback of a situation one created is not enough for self defense

17 Likes

Not a movie, but Weihnachten bei Hoppenstedts?

(Oh, this is so off topic.)

At least their evil is transparent, for anyone with a brain to see.

Everything about what this kid did was illegal. He crossed state lines with a firearm illegally and murdered two people.

He deserves jail for a long time. He is not a patriot he is a stooge for right-wing authoritarian murderers.

9 Likes

As if I needed another reason to hate the My Pillow Guy.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s time not to wonder, but to advise places that carry this crap (Bed Bath and Beyond is the only place I can think of) that you won’t be doing any of your Christmas shopping there if they continue to carry this shit as you can’t, in good conscience, even indirectly fund murderous a-holes.

I’d bet that boycotting movements will carry even more weight this year as a lot of retail places are already hurting because of the pandemic.

6 Likes

He also killed someone during the commission of a felony, which is murder.

It was a felony for him to take a gun that was illegal for him to possess in either state across state lines. Then he killed with it. If they prove the illegal weapons charge, some degree of murder is pretty much a given.

12 Likes

Speaking of murderous idiots, I really wish we could have a do-over with George Zimmerman.

12 Likes

It’s barely enough to get you into Elaine’s …er Diner. And even then you’re sitting at the counter.

1 Like