Kyle Rittenhouse found not guilty of killing two unarmed people

Make no mistake, this is a victory for fascism in America. Armed fascist street fighters been given the green light to assault the many people they hate. As for Rottenhouse, we’re about to see what would have happened if Horst Wessel didn’t die but still became a Nazi martyr. With social media.

62 Likes

The Jury would rather face the Democrat/Liberal mob, then the Nazi/Riech Winger mob, in the end it’s just that simply self preservation won them over. They know good & well that he is guilty of murdering those men.

22 Likes

Came here to say this. I thought I read a few days ago that once this case is over, the young fascist faces some federal charges still. State lines were crossed, y’see.

24 Likes

Imagine if Ahmaud Arbery’s killers were being tried in Wisconsin? Lynchers: “We heard he was trespassing on a construction site, so we killed to protect the property! It was self-defense!” Judge: “Seems legit. Carry on fellas.”

14 Likes

So nice of those 12 citizens (with an assist from the asshole judge) to give the greenlight to warming the “cold civil war” into something where shooting at folks on opposing sides is encouraged.

15 Likes
30 Likes

Nah these are the not spoken allowed laws… in fact people are actively fighting the teaching of these laws that aren’t strictly enumerated anywhere. go 'murikkka

4 Likes

Elie Mystal with the :fire:

There is no justice. And there is no peace. And if you complain about that, white people will show up to shoot you. Just like a majority of white people want them to.

ETA

50 Likes

Your periodic reminder that the only good Nazi is a dead Nazi.

Also too: This country started hitting its fuck-up point when it decided Nazis were not that bad actually, and we should make them celebrities now.

18 Likes

It’s always been OK for a white man to harm a white woman. It’s just now, they get a free pass to harm each other as well. Fair’s fair.

23 Likes

The rightwingers have just received their permits to kill at will and then bawl like a apathetic immature teenaged scumbag. I have no doubt that his career is set and defined as a victim of the 2 dead people and the one who was wounded. Money will pour in, his momma will drive him around to exhibit like a freak at a cheap carnival. And Kyle, honey, you are covered with the blood of innocent men who were pursuing their constitutional rights. And you Mamma are you real proud of what you did with your little twisted offspring? Has trump called you yet?
What a fucking travesty!

21 Likes

Shit, they just gave a defense to every would-be mass shooter out there. “I was afraid someone was trying to take away the gun I was threatening him with, so I had to shoot him. Plus all the other people who tried to stop me.”

This facts of this case pretty effectively demolished the whole idea of “a good guy with a gun” and “gun for self-defense.” Yet here we are…

And his stated justification for shooting was that he was afraid these unarmed people would take away his gun and use it on him… after saying he brought the gun to protect himself. The possession of the gun itself becomes the justification for shooting people.

50 Likes

This is not a wonderful thing.

10 Likes

Huh. I’m kind of shocked that he thinks “the people who lynched Ahmaud Arbery will be found guilty”. He must know something I don’t. And, just as in this trial, the judge has fucked up enough that, even in the case of a guilty verdict, it will almost certainly be dismissed or commuted upon appeal.

6 Likes

Well, now the brownshirts will really start mobilizing.

Coming soon, proactively and armed, to a town near you.

12 Likes

This! TBH, the miscarriage of justice in this case was a foregone conclusion, but the precedent this sets is really horrifying. It takes the “Good guy with a gun” concept and basically states that anyone who is not armed is a bad guy.

23 Likes

Guess we know who’ll be a guest in Tucker’s wood shed media set soon.

5 Likes

The Rittenhouse murder spree fits neatly into the narrative of “white good guy with a gun defends himself against angry rioters” and that makes while people comfortable.

It’s hard to see the Arbery murder as anything less than a full-on lynching, and that makes white people very uncomfortable.

That’s why many are hopeful that the Arbery murder trial will end in guilty verdicts.

16 Likes

I reckon the deliberations probably hinged on the fact that Rittenhouse didn’t shoot first… which we’re going to hear from his defenders pretty much non-stop until the end of time. Poor little asshole drove into another state looking for trouble with a borrowed assault rifle and gets off on self-defense? my ass.

Of course, this completely ignores the fact that he shouldn’t have been there at all, shouldn’t have been armed, had a history of riling people up, violated his bail to go hang out with white supremacists, had a sympathetic judge, faced inept prosecutors…

14 Likes

Thank you. I’m at work right now, but my nesting partner is working from home and hasn’t messaged me about anything. She does have an appointment out this afternoon, but won’t be anywhere near the courthouse / downtown area. The next few days should be interesting … again. I just hope we don’t have unmarked vans grabbing people off the street again. I keep wondering what happened to those that were snatched.

27 Likes