After Trump, boys at her daughter's school Nazi-salute in the hall. Here's how a mom responded

Best image caption ever

It’s quite likely that they have no idea and would be appalled if they did.
This is where actually knowing the other parents and communicating with them helps!

4 Likes

Bullying isn’t merely saying something offensive, true. But there are plenty of kinds of harassment and making someone’s life miserable that doesn’t threaten violence but constitutes bullying.

20 Likes

Which they were members of, so you just disproved your point.

Oh, and thanks for joining!

But be aware that if you continue to post content that can best be described as cognitive dissonance, that a great many other folks will be happy to prove you abysmally wrong on all fronts until you slink away in shame. :stuck_out_tongue:

26 Likes

Except that it is if they are saying it to you with that specific intent. (Duh!)

11 Likes

The kids are in a school.
You don’t get full free speech rights on school property. End of fucking discussion cause this has been settled in the courts.
The asshole kids may have the right to be assholes but that does not protect them from the consequences of being an asshole and getting their asshole selves suspended from school.

54 Likes

Yeah, I know. Lots of people are. Doesn’t make it correct.[quote=“MaiqTheLiar, post:11, topic:96217”]
After a while it just seemed about right.
[/quote]

Am I reading bland acceptance, or are ya just jaded?

2 Likes

Great opportunity: NOVA on April 19th 2017 will explore the escape tunnel from the burn fields at Ponar (Vilnius). A sneak preview is being shown at the University of Hartford tonight at 7:30pm.

5 Likes

Hi @Splynk, thanks for joining 2 hours ago to rehabilitate Nazis! Defending the Nazi’s is obviously something you feel passionately about, but feel free to enjoy and comment on some other issues and topics.

35 Likes

There’s something about this that I’m not cool with. I wouldn’t dismiss it as being nosy as the author is clearly concerned, but dragging someone else’s kid into an investigation feels icky.

5 Likes

I do remember those! I always thought the underlying message was a “Fuck you, Nazis. You lost” kind of thing. Did I have that wrong?

5 Likes

I have a feeling I’ll be referencing this again.

31 Likes

That’s … that’s very clever.

1 Like

Ahh, them things. Popular on 18-30s holiday in the 80s and played right into the whole “Germans on the sunbeds” thing.
Like, nationalistic in the same sense that a “Two World Wars and One World Cup” chant is. Not explicitly anti-semitic (or at least the ones I saw weren’t) but could easily head down that road.
So Lager Lout culture , rather than NF scumbag but there’s more than a lot of overlap.

5 Likes

The thing with “buts” is they’re often attached to assholes.

21 Likes

I can’t stop looking at this, it’s amazing!

3 Likes

Wow. Are you playing devil’s advocate?

Cause that’s some wrong-headed shit, right there.

You’re all like, hey, never mind the thin end of the wedge. In fact, let’s all give it a blowjob.

21 Likes

I hate Seattle Nazis. There’s so many of them. If only we could sort them out from the clickt-bait freelance journalists.

2 Likes

Great, now I have an image in my head of a parade of nazis jumping off the floating bridge into lake washington.

3 Likes

That’s a bad thing?

6 Likes