History teacher recorded telling kids Trump is still our president (and other Q-nut lies), still has her job

Originally published at: History teacher recorded telling kids Trump is still our president (and other Q-nut lies), still has her job | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Angry Fran Lebowitz GIF by NETFLIX

38 Likes

It seems like she should be history.

22 Likes

Hopefully soon, though I suspect she’ll do a lucrative go fund me, and then either end up teaching at some crazypants school or will run for public office.

1 Like

Fucking disgusting. Bringing sexual abuse up like that in your position is … actually grooming lady. This needs to be addressed this way and she needs to be not only fired but kept from children entirely IMO.

38 Likes

But at least she’s not teaching CRT and that trans people deserve equal rights and other indoctrinating marxist garbage… /s

Angry Wonder Woman GIF by HBO Max

34 Likes

The teacher, at last report, was still at the school and had accepted responsibility for her error in judgment.

Those are mutually exclusive statements.

41 Likes

Ask her who the president is.

11 Likes

Well, but the right should get all the chances and never suffer real consequences for their actions… that might hurt their feelings… /s

17 Likes

How disgusting and disappointing…

So, what is she doing now? The news article made it sound like they were taking steps for discipline, as per agreed upon policy from the teachers union. If that is the case, what are those steps and what is the expected outcome? Can the teachers union police their own and via a vote or a discipline committee?

On one hand I suppose this process is good, as it prevents conservative parents from railroading teachers teaching something they disagree with. But these are not disliked facts or curriculum - it is the rails Q nuttery.

3 Likes

CBSLA has chosen not to release the name of the teacher involved in the incident, as she has not been charged with a crime.

That’s unfortunate. The parents of the other children she’s endangering also deserve to know about it.

20 Likes

Surely her name would leak from one or more of the children.

She needs to be called out on this nonsense.

17 Likes

innit funny how the people who are always accusing everyone else of inappropriately exposing children to destructive and predatory forms of sexuality are the ones consistently… doing that?

Wait… noooo… that’s not humor, that feeling.

28 Likes

Angry Fire GIF by PBS Digital Studios

23 Likes

Flashbacks to when the football coach “taught” history at my redneck junior high: “Actually Hitler had some good ideas”

20 Likes

“But I’d keep the Volkswagen.”

9 Likes

Teachers in East TX be like: “You see, slavery was noble and gentle. Slaves loved their masters, and the masters had a duty to care for, feed and house the slaves”

They love to make shit up to try and comfort themselves that, really, they earned what they got.

19 Likes

her error in judgment

This was not an ‘error in judgement’, it was a very deliberate, nasty, vicious attempt to brainwash vulnerable kids with partisan fuckwittery. Even if it had not been fuckwittery, preaching ANY kind of partisan politics to kids this age is a fundamental abrogation of responsibility and duty of care as a teacher.

That she is still in post is disgusting and if I were a parent I would withdraw my kids from that school until she is removed.

ETA @orenwolf comments link in blog post goes back to blog post, again. I could not comment until some others had mysteriously found their way here and it appeared in the BBS latest posts view.

25 Likes

Oh, this is different indoctrination, so it’s OK, I see. /s

3 Likes

Americans should stop worrying about CRT (Critical Race Theory) and more about BST (BS Teaching).

10 Likes