Texas teacher suspended after declaring white racial superiority to class

Originally published at: Texas teacher suspended after declaring white racial superiority to class | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

46 Likes

Wow, he seems nice. /s

And hearing the newsreader in the middle of the panel saying “we don’t know what happened before this video…”. JFC

At least the students didn’t hold back - that was cool to hear.

41 Likes

Dude became a teacher because…why?

Does not compute.

16 Likes

You’ve got to be taught
To hate and fear,
You’ve got to be taught
From year to year,
It’s got to be drummed
In your dear little ear
You’ve got to be carefully taught.
You’ve got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
And people whose skin is a diff’rent shade,
You’ve got to be carefully taught.
You’ve got to be taught before it’s too late,
Before you are six or seven or eight,
To hate all the people your relatives hate,
You’ve got to be carefully taught!

– Oscar Hammerstein, South Pacific

59 Likes

So he thinks it’s ok because he’s honest about it. Well…I suppose that is better than lying about it. This way they have grounds to fire his ass and get him out of the classroom.

34 Likes

They taught this “teacher” a lesson, for sure. Quickly backed him into a corner where all he could do was whinge about being an “honest” white supremacist while recording it so he couldn’t deny it later.

I’m not sure what more needs to be investigated about his views before he’s fired, and I hope he’s not getting paid while on administrative leave.

33 Likes

I have never honestly ever felt the need to proclaim my pasty ass skin tone makes me better than anyone else’s. Please tell chuckleheads like this guy to stop speaking for me, because I HONESTLY do not believe that bullshit, but I do believe you have to be pretty fucked up to believe that sort of nonsense.

32 Likes

No, no! He’s not racist, because he honestly believes everyone of every other ‘race’ thinks the same about their ‘race’. Everyone’s the same! That can’t be racist. /s

Fuckwit.

38 Likes

That’s the real puzzle with people in videos like this. Do they actually not think there will be consequences (which would be mind-blowing)? Or are they consciously aiming for a new career in right-wing screech media?

As for the honesty thing… if he’d said “I was raised to be racist”, or “sometimes I see the race before I see the person”, then OK, perhaps that is more constructive than pretending to be colorblind. But (a) that’s not what he said and (b) he’s the teacher; if he gives kids the impression that racism is OK, that’s on him, whether he meant it or not.

15 Likes

The fool thought the “Anti-CRT” law in Texas protected him to be as overtly racist as possible. But forgot that he is practically an at will employee with Texas public schools.

18 Likes

youre an idiot you are stupid GIF

24 Likes

Kind of like an “All Lives Matter” sort of thing. One says a nonsense “truism” to cover up how racism/discrimination affects specific racial minorities.

19 Likes

Right?

Dude, just because we’re implementing racist policies doesn’t mean you can come right out and SAY you’re a racist!

27 Likes

I’m willing to bet this dope is also that one white guy in the faculty lounge who always complains bitterly about the power of teachers’ unions.

25 Likes

Cool.

Do cops next.

19 Likes

Kudos to those kids who confronted him, and recorded it. I hope the lesson they learned was that standing up to racism can change the situation. Hopefully their actions will give them a lasting feeling of empowerment that they can change things that are wrong.

25 Likes

needs more Austin Lounge Lizards:

just cuz i think Pflugerville is a funny name.

8 Likes

To make sure that he could propagate that hateful BS to the next generation.

10 Likes

Counter point: If he truly were superior he would’ve been smart enough to keep his mouth shut.

16 Likes