Texas teacher suspended after declaring white racial superiority to class

Not so superior now…

13 Likes

No puzzle. They’re idiots. Their core beliefs are idiotic so no puzzle that they do stupid shit too.

10 Likes

When I saw Riders in the Sky, they joked about their tour bus going past the exit for “Pfpfpfpfpflugerville” (where “Pfpfpfpfp” approximately spells a raspberry sound) and I called it that ever since. For those who don’t know, Pflugerville is a suburb of Austin (maybe not always but for several decades), and some of north/northeast Austin (e.g. some of Dell’s facilities, and maybe the Samsung plant if that’s still open [and not in the Manor district]) lies within that school district. If it’s not “Austin-Austin” (i.e. within sight of a Moonlight Tower), it’s a culturally- and ethnically-diverse area (not that his comments would be acceptable somewhere else).

7 Likes

Well…in Texas, he can avoid that problem. The Texas State Teacher’s Association is the largest Teacher’s union in the world, but it notably avoids calling itself a union, because Texas. It is a member of the NEA, though, so it’s clearly a union. Anyway, that union that’s not a union is why my parents, who have been retired for 20+ years, still have a really decent middle class income, and should for the rest of their lives. So yeah, in Texas, conservative teachers can confidently complain about teacher’s unions while benefitting immensely from one because it doesn’t call itself a union.

15 Likes

It seems common for racists to think that everyone else is also racist but lying about it. (“He’s saying what we’re ALL thinking!”)

Though, it makes total sense that people who think like that are incapable of imagining how other people might think or feel differently.

16 Likes

Having actually encountered more than my fair share of committed white supremacists in the form of Klansmen and whatnot, I can confirm that a LOT of them have this attitude: that being up front about their bullshit somehow makes it less bad.

“aT LeaST i’M hONeSt” they whine.

Personally, I don’t see much difference between a man who hates in the comfort of his own home and a man who’s out there marching in a white hood.

11 Likes

let’s be real. that is not outside the realm of possibility.

The mediocre white man’s ability to fail upward is boundless, and Wingnut Welfare is definitely a thing.

9 Likes

I heard that and replayed it a few times. It sure seems like he was going to try and say in context it might not be so bad.

I thought maybe I interpreted that wrong but it appears you may have taken it that way as well.

The teacher also shut up when he realized he was being recorded.

6 Likes

Huh. Considering this is in Texas I’m surprised he was suspended.

4 Likes

They hurt you at home and they hit you at school
They hate you if you’re clever and they despise a fool
'Til you’re so fucking crazy you can’t follow their rules

A working class hero is something to be

When they’ve tortured and scared you for 20 odd years
Then they expect you to pick a career
When you can’t really function, you’re so full of fear

John Lennon, Working Class Hero

13 Likes

“Superior” race, huh?

Looking like that?

I see I need to repost my favorite bit from Preacher once again:

20 Likes

Wow. Wooooowww…

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

5 Likes

Because the state is highly gerrymandered to keep the increasingly right wing minority party in power, and they know that they can not get away with this shit being fully out in the open without a serious backlash - both from sane people, but also from the wing of the party that believes itself to be moderate and sane, and “not racist”…

11 Likes

For sure; I know there are people who have done that, although I must admit I am behind on my scum homework and can’t remember specifics. I think there was some turdbag who noisily got herself fired by refusing to register gay marriages?

But I don’t think it is far from the minds of any of these people. The teacher uses the word “ethnocentrist”, which he didn’t get from 60 Minutes. so he’s obviously deep into posting. If you’re already holding forth on the right-wing internet for hours each day, it must cross your mind that you could do Alex Jones’s job.

4 Likes

How can you be superior when you were too stupid to avoid getting fired?

15 Likes

Perhaps he was setting himself up to be yet another witless right-wing media talking head whinging about being canceled so unfairly by wokeness.

6 Likes

It is one of the great mysteries of our time that the superior race, and gender for that matter, is so consistently downtrodden and even on the verge of being eliminated by the others. :unamused:

14 Likes

‘When an opponent declares, “I will not come over to your side,” I calmly say, “Your child belongs to us already…What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community.”’

Austrian chap, didn’t quite make it as a painter, got into politics - wonder what happened to him?

9 Likes

At least in the USA, I do think everyone is racist for exactly this reason. It’s baked right into our culture. It’s in our media, it’s in our education, it’s all around us. If you’re lucky, you learn to recognize this and resist it, but it’s still buried deep in your mind and it’s insidious. Recognizing this, however, is a far cry from embracing it and deciding to just roll with it because it’s a part of our culture, whether we want it to be or not.

(In the same way that many people in AA regard themselves as recovering alcoholics no matter how long they stay sober, I consider myself a recovering racist. I’ve rejected the covert ideas that were taught to me long, long ago, but I’m aware that little globs of it still surface now and then skim them out when I see them. It’s a lifelong process, of course.)

17 Likes

He’s been fired

This is my school district. It is one of the most diverse ones in central Texas. Only 23 percent white. The superintendent and the board are not known for entertaining racist bullshit but I’m glad they fired him so quickly.

Also praising the students for pushing back was a good thing to do.

25 Likes