History teacher recorded telling kids Trump is still our president (and other Q-nut lies), still has her job

THIS

7 Likes

Incoherent_Rage

20 Likes

I was still in primary school [USA elementary school] when I realised that

• Teachers are not always correct regarding the real world

• While you are in the classroom the teacher is always right (if you want to do well in school).

Having said that, demonstrable errors of fact are deplorable. It’s also worth recalling Mr Henry Ford’s dictum: “History is bunk as it is taught in schools.”

3 Likes

Uh, yeah… I’m not quite sure how reliable a history teacher Mr. Henry Ford is:

14 Likes

Well also believed Hitler was right, so maybe we should not be listening to Henry Ford…

@deltaecho, Jinx…

coca-cola cola GIF

12 Likes

My word, this is just so infuriating.

1 Like

They’re coming….

15 Likes

At this point, for the magats, this is like throwing holy water on a vampire as far as their reaction goes…hissing, ducking and running for the nearest cave.

3 Likes

Yeah, but he was given the highest honors any foreigner could get from Hitler!

2 Likes

I thought in TX they didn’t use the word “slave.” It is supposed to be “agricultural workers.” Otherwise white kids might “suffer anguish or shame.” That’s the important thing, you know.

17 Likes

What you get when you idolize capital.

“Yes he enslaved a bunch of people on rubber plantations. But for a beautiful moment in history, he made a very good profit for his investors.”

8 Likes

Way way back when my oldest son was in (I think) 3rd grade they were in a science lesson and were taught that Jupiter had 7 moons. He knew that this was wrong and said so, teacher said “you need to rad the book.” He came home, looked it up, copied the article and took it to the teacher the next day. This got him suspended for 3 days for insubordination, and lots of high 5’s at home. (But did teach him the same lesson you learned.)

16 Likes

Reminds me: in the Rittenhouse case, are they allowed to speak plainly on that yet? I mean, for some reason “victim” was verboten in a case involving…victims. I mean, people seem to be losing their minds in this country with speaking plainly and using critical thinking. I mean, trying to play down slavery is exceedingly stupid of course…but in a case involving actual victims, right now, and the term “victim” is not permitted? I…it just doesn’t compute. Not only that this is being even attempted, but that it’s even able to happen.

7 Likes

He was a nasty piece of work. But that doesn’t negate the dictum I quoted, which stands on its own. How many people here quote Disney movies? Disney was just as much a nazi sympathiser.

Honestly fwiw I don’t remember them even mentioning it much. I feel like it was sooo glossed over when I was a kid (in my almost entirely white classes). I would say I think maybe two or three times in class it was mentioned and half of that was only if you did the assigned reading for some quiz the next day. More important to remember things like dates, names, locations than to read for any kind of broader sociological connotations. Conversely if there was going to be a written essay it’s similarly more important to scan for details, pick an argument from the list, and then just make that argument by listing two or three things from the text that “support” it. Quality mattered infinitely less than demonstrating a good grasp of the appropriate format. Like if you internalized history and used writing as a way to explore, say, your relationship to the past and your personal history… that would literally get you an F.

Ahhh… what a great education!

7 Likes

14 Likes

Triggers me to say “Fuck trump. What? Can’t you say fuck? Or are you too chickenshit and cowardly?”

10 Likes

Talking Episode 7 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

8 Likes

Fuck Trump. And fuck Biden, and fuck Obama, and fuck the rest of these war criminal assholes.

2 Likes

Hear hear!

1 Like