After years of bullshit, government concludes "Havana Syndrome" is bullshit

Originally published at: After years of bullshit, government concludes "Havana Syndrome" is bullshit | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Dr Evil McEvilface, “Activate the Placebo Weapon!”

16 Likes

Never before been more convinced that we gots mutant Cuban Chinese commie moth-men armed with microwave trebuchets than when the “gummit concludes” theys ain’t real.

12 Likes

I love a good directed energy weapon story, but the victims of these medical problems were lied to and the NatSec reporters who hyped it in the certifying language of journalistic impartiality can eat shit.

I’m feeling this way about the UFO shit they just won’t let go of.

4 Likes

I was getting ready to take a group of faculty to Havana when that story first broke. The story started breaking in November/December, and we were scheduled for May. My university responded by asking me to go in January, “to see if things are OK” and to take someone with me. lol. WTF Idiocy all around. But a colleague and I got a free week in Havana in January, and we just had to come back with our brains as good as they were when we left. Fun trip.

20 Likes

I always thought “Havana Syndrome” sounded like a malady brought on by an addiction to salsa music, kind of like the infamous Saturday Night Fever outbreak of 1977.

13 Likes

Somebody owes Havana an apology.

7 Likes

I feel bad for the sufferers, but the certainty of some of them that they were subject to some kind of foreign attack has never been evidence that they in fact were.

2 Likes

Sometimes a Havana is just a Havana.

4 Likes

Havana Syndrome definitely (maybe) not caused by brain-scrambling energy weapons

1 Like

I think our guys just realized their own directed energy weapon wasn’t working as intended, hence the need to de-escalate the allegations and misinformation, and re-focus on the emerging hobby balloon threat.

2 Likes

So basically mass psychogenic illness, then. Not the first time it’s happened.

2 Likes

I’m having chest pains just thinking about it

7 Likes

“Baby, please! I am not from Havana” – Sheriff Bart

They’re saying this with low confidence?

1 Like

I heard the Cuban energy weapon project was real, it just couldn’t outperform a directed energy placebo at p <= 0.05

5 Likes
2 Likes

Alberto Tommasi is probably spinning in his grave.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.