Aggressive horse trader and brave waiver of due diligence now knew Twitter numbers were bad all along

Where are you getting “buy 3 twitters a month”? That means this was less than 3% of what he makes, and it would be better for his reputation just to shut up and buy it.

I’m not rich by any means, but I could drop 3% of my pre-tax income on something if I really needed to.

2 Likes

Musk be like: I buy. I no care bots.

Two Weeks Later: No want buy, too many bots.

2 Likes

Elon: look, i just want to get rid of a ton of money, but i don’t have time to open a window and physically throw it all out. Help me out here.

5 Likes

Is there a backstory to the obsession?

Maybe he’s just still mad about TeslaQ people talking about shorting Tesla stock on there, or that kid with the Elon Musk plane tracker account.

6 Likes

Even if Musk could convince a court he was too stupid to understand the implications of the contract he was signing it probably wouldn’t be a good financial move in the long term since so much of his net worth relies on convincing the world he’s some kind of business genius.

7 Likes

But isn’t the best kind of business genius someone who knows everything most of the time, yet somehow knows nothing when the consequences roll in? Or is that only political geniuses?

6 Likes

Unfortunately, I can only take so much Schadenfreude out of this. Much as I want to see him spanked, in this case that could very well mean he’s compelled to close the deal, and that would be bad for everyone.

3 Likes

His starry-eyed fanboys will look past his moment of seeming to be an actual mortal… and the super-wealthy also have a way of being forgiven for this and that (which includes looking the other way even when the lying is obvious. Money talks.)

3 Likes

Maybe it’s like when you get really drunk, and you wake up the next morning and find out that you went on eBay and bought all four seasons of “Welcome Back, Kotter” on VHS and a lusterware table lamp in the shape of a goat.

As a billionaire, Elon just has larger and more complicated cases of buyer’s remorse than ordinary people.

8 Likes

Can we acknowledge that laugh at the end?

3 Likes

At this point, though, he’s bored with Twitter. By the time he would actually be in charge, he would probably just publicly announce that they are completely eliminating bots and spam then let his engineers figure out how and never do another thing about Twitter.

2 Likes

Your dreams are your ticket out…

2 Likes

If he does take over Twitter, I expect we’ll hear him telling us we’ll have a self-driving twitter within the next 12 months; every year, for decades.

6 Likes

I think that’s basically how Jeff B. ended up with the Washington Post.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.