Ahmed Mohamed wants his clock back

I’m taking this seriously, but I suppose it could be sarcastic… if so, the brand, spanking new poster should say so… @John_Dallas, you serious or what?

2 Likes

My bet is on sarcasm. The last sentence seems to me as rather indicative.

1 Like

yeah, but the drive by posting always makes me suspicious. it’s the posters one and only comment, so there’s that. Not necessarily indicative of being an Islamophobe, but given the history of people doing that kind of thing around these parts, it makes me lean in that direction.

2 Likes

It’s good clean fun to watch you take 'em down a peg, anyway.

4 Likes

Beware of undeserved overreactions.

…also, interpreting disputable cases in the more benign way is generally better for one’s sanity. There’s enough of the clear-cut ones anyway. And it pisses the trollies more while not alienating the non-trollies.

There’s also wiggle room here for a certain kind of trolley-baiting. But our better angels nix that, hopefully.

1 Like

Well, as I said to @ActionAbe, the person is welcome to put me straight if they’re being sarcastic. I’m happy to apologize if I misread the comment. But I see no need to accept a shitty statement from some newby who can’t be bothered to clarify, nor do I feel I should humble myself before trolls who might not be trolls.

2 Likes

I have to disagree, non-trollies understand Poe’s Law. I’ve had my own jokes mistaken for sincerely-held stupidity, it’s usually no hard feelings to set the record straight.

2 Likes

Additionally, the person interjected into a well-established online community here. Why is it up to us to accept that he’s being sarcastic rather than him, as a person who is not established here, to be clear in his intent? When you or I make a sarcastic comment, people around these parts know us and what to expect from us, so sarcastic intent will be clear most of the time. However, someone who is an unknown quantity doesn’t have a track record for us to know what they mean by their comments. They’re coming into what’s essentially our space and not making clear what they mean.

The Police need it as evidence of their stupidity.

REALLY!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.