AI-generated dogs are the stuff of nightmares

Originally published at: AI-generated dogs are the stuff of nightmares | Boing Boing

1 Like

It’s nice to see that the Cyriac/Cronenberg collaboration is proving fruitful.

14 Likes

That’s what I think about AI-generated program code.

3 Likes

The worst dogs are those that are GTP on the outside.

6 Likes

Always has been:

Remember this from back in 2015?

7 Likes

OK, now do cats.

“cat”

“cat eating a mouse”

“cat sitting on an evil mastermind’s lap”

I didn’t want to clutter this with full res versions, if anybody wants a closer look at anything in particular, I’ll grab it.

ETA: Those are all from Bing

ETA^2: Bonus covering both.
“Cerberus but a cat”

5 Likes

Here ya go, bub!

6 Likes

What’s that from?

3 Likes

Transmetropolitan!
Spider Jerusalem is my (anti)hero.

4 Likes

3 and 4 there in the Cerberus prompt are just the Bohemian Rhapsody video but with cats.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re right. It was nagging me for a reason.

I wonder why it picked four heads for a bunch of those, does it misparse the heads when analyzing Cerberus?

1 Like

I fucking love that first video, and would watch a feature-length version on repeat.

@Purplecat, that Google deep dream dog stuff always reminded me of what it’s like when you got the 2C-B dose waaaaayyyy wrong :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

It can’t count, it doesn’t know what Cerberus is - or a head or a dog for that matter - it just ‘knows’ that a ‘Cerberus’ image should involve multiple forms which give good scores for ‘dog head’ placed on top of one form that scores well for ‘body of a dog’ or whatever :slight_smile:

1 Like

As @fuzzyfungus said above, Cyriak’s yer man for cats:

1 Like

Most people seem to know Cerberus as “a three-headed dog”, but…

(from Wikipedia)

Descriptions of Cerberus vary, including the number of his heads. Cerberus was usually three-headed, though not always. […]

In the earliest description of Cerberus, Hesiod’s Theogony (c. 8th – 7th century BC), Cerberus has fifty heads, while Pindar (c. 522 – c. 443 BC) gave him one hundred heads.[13] However, later writers almost universally give Cerberus three heads.[14] An exception is the Latin poet Horace’s Cerberus which has a single dog head, and one hundred snake heads.[15] Perhaps trying to reconcile these competing traditions, Apollodorus’s Cerberus has three dog heads and the heads of “all sorts of snakes” along his back, while the Byzantine poet John Tzetzes (who probably based his account on Apollodorus) gives Cerberus fifty heads, three of which were dog heads, the rest being the “heads of other beasts of all sorts”.[16]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.