Airport "security" trays are filthy reservoirs of infectious agents

Single use ‘plastic’ bag can be made of cornstarch or other vegetable starch, like the peels of potatoes from the fast food industry.

1 Like

If they’re worried about viruses, just have people leave their emptied bins on a slightly longer conveyor belt, and pass them through a second chamber where they’re exposed to very high intensity UV light.

Oh wait, they probably don’t have the money for that after wasting tons on unused “sniffer” machines, or those swabby machines that nobody seems to use anymore…

3 Likes

So it’s ok to sniff the toilets all you want!

3 Likes

Almost makes me want to stop licking the handrails on the escalators.

Your filthy disgusting habit reminds me of this: :wink:

1 Like

I read somewhere that 60% of cell phones and 90% of shoes are contaminated with fecal material. I had to mention that to someone who always put his shoes on the table (!) at the gym

1 Like

In a related study, it was found that every single human tested carried fecal matter on their skin!

4 Likes

I recall seeing a ‘science’ TV show where they discovered there were actually flecks of fecal matter all over the bathroom. Best not keep your toothbrush in the bathroom. How about the kitchen? About a year later they came out with an update and discovered fecal matter all over the kitchen. Ultimately, they discovered – someone told them – there is fecal matter in space! Shit’s everywhere.

2 Likes

Belt buckles have to be the most rancid item of clothing. Always used just after using the bathroom and before washing your hands…never cleaned. Always placed in the airport tray too.

1 Like

And bowling ball finger-holes everywhere are saying “See! It’s not just us!”

2 Likes

I’ve long held a silly theory that when hand sanitizers say they’re killing 99.99% of germs, it just means that they’re weeding out the .01% of bugs too tough to be murdered and are thus breeding an army of ultra-germs.

7 Likes

That’s true though, it’s a moi-st environment where lots of little things can thrive. If you have an electric toothbrush, try taking a look inside. It’s like that episode of The Simpsons where there’s an entire tiny world developing with its own civilizations and religions and stuff before anyone notices. Once you’ve seen that/smelled that, you’re not gonna want to put it in your mouth. I keep my toothbrushes, electric or manual, well away from the bathroom. But especially the electric ones with their hollow bits where gross things can take up residence.

2 Likes

Because our politicians of both major parties think we want lots, lots more TSA.

Well, 99.99% availability means your systems can be down over 5 hours 35 mins per year and still hit the target. So yes, but at least it’s the 0.01% we need to worry about, and not “the 1%”! :wink:

Hardly a silly theory; that’s a well researched and documented fact.

Unfortunately doctors, teachers and the general public aren’t fact-driven. :frowning:

Hand sanitizer not only breeds superbugs, it removes the normal beneficial bacterial colonies from healthy hands, leaving an unoccupied environmental niche for pathogens to bloom in.

You’d be amazed at how much of that toxic garbage I’ve thrown away. I must have confiscated forty little “purse size” hand sanitizers from my daughter alone… the local schools hand them out; it’s one of the ways such schools well-meaningly sabotage our children.

From my experience and that of friends, it’s becoming increasingly standard practice for cruise ships to station hand-sanitizer squirters at the entrance to the ship and every dining hall, requiring everyone on board to use it multiple times a day before eating or getting on or off of the boat.

1 Like

I throw them in the nearest trashcan. Well, I would, if I could afford a cruise. It’s like a reflex at this point.

I know, I know, I’m a bad person, putting society and public health ahead of individuals.

No, I mean they physically station a bank of employees at every doorway with squirters of hand sanitizer and spray it on your hands as you enter. I’m not saying this is a good thing, just an observation of how pervasive the stuff is.

Just scratch yourself to repopulate your hands back with bacteria as soon as you’re seated. Unless they start demanding to douse customers head to toe with sanitizer.

Ugh, I would not allow that! I wonder if they’d refuse to let me on the boat?