Airwolf villain and inept burglar G. Gordon Liddy dead at 90

G. that’s too bad.

3 Likes

In 1994, Liddy said that when you shoot at the BATF, you should aim for the head, because they might be wearing bullet-proof vests. WikiQuote cite.

Of course, if some black rapper said the same thing, the people who applauded Liddy would call them a horrible anti-American thug.

2 Likes

OMG. This looks amazing. How have I never heard of this?

He was wrong that the coming revolution had anything to do with him, specifically, or that talking about it made him special, or that it would be good for us and we’d be glad it happened

kind of the same things he was wrong about with the drugs

Maybe we’re finally getting some karmic payback for Bowie, Lemmy and Prince a few years ago. If these things go in threes there’s still another shoe to drop.

2 Likes

Honestly, that’s a fair argument. I know plenty of people who are really into various aspects of science who love that sort of thing. You really need to see how their politics align to see if they like WWII stuff for the technical aspects, or the ideological ones…

If a black rapper says s/he likes scrambled eggs for breakfast, the people who applauded Liddy would call them a horrible anti-American thug.

No. Not really. Because most people who say that are really just looking for an excuse to cover up their admiration of the Wehrmacht.

But then again, obsessions with weapons of human destruction are always questionable, if you ask me.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.