Airwolf star Jan-Michael Vincent dead at 74

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/08/airwolf-star-jan-michael-vince.html

4 Likes

I so wanted a Landmaster from Damnation Alley. Rest in peace Mr. Vincent.

9 Likes
12 Likes

At least his real-life death was more dignified than his on-screen death. (Critically wounded in an explosion in the beginning of Season 4, then apparently disconnected from life support by his long-lost and mysteriously recast brother at the end of the episode.)

4 Likes

I loved Airwolf as a kid, and Hooper was awesome too, cheesy 80s stuntman love-letter that it is. Thanks, Jan.

7 Likes

Cool beats physics every time!

6 Likes

No CGI in that movie, just crazy people, cars, chariots, helicopters…

4 Likes

He’ll always be the Tribes guy to me . . .

6 Likes

He was a shitty human that beat his various wives and girlfriends.

4 Likes

One of the few people who did kill Charles Bronson in “The Mechanic” from 1972. Of course, Jan-Michael was blown up by a bomb Bronson placed beforehand, but still. . . .

So long Jan-Michael Vincent, you were a great staple of my childhood viewing.

2 Likes

Airwolf was not good.

I should know
I watched every episode
every time

9 Likes

Well that sucks.

I really thought he was already dead.

7 Likes

OK, now his character’s fate in Airwolf actually makes much more sense.

2 Likes

Holy crap. Never knew about this flick. Thanks. Will have to watch it because, well, it’s a surf flick, and all surf flicks must be watched. But the best part? This is at 2nd surf flick that I know of that Gary Busey was in!

4 Likes

I never watched a single episode of Airwolf, but I’m old enough that he’ll forever be Nanu (The World’s Greatest Athlete), or Steve McKenna (The Mechanic - in a role seemingly written just for him).

3 Likes

Triple cheesiness!

3 Likes

“Big Wednesday?”

Is that the much-anticipated Adams Family sequel?

6 Likes

Amen. His best work.