Airwolf theme covered

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/24/airwolf-theme-covered.html

4 Likes

Doctor Mix just did a series of videos showing how to reconstruct the theme bit by bit:

1 Like

That’s so AIRWOLF!

1 Like

The Airwolf recreation was a nice trip into another old TV series theme song but The Terminator theme is one of my all-time favorites. I even have that as a ringtone to identify when the toughest man I know calls me.

Nice!!! I love a lot of the 80s TV themes.

Anyone digging the opening of What we do in the Shadows? @Mindysan33 ?

Show intro: The art and paraphernalia made for this show is fucking amazing. I want an art book for it.

Full

4 Likes

I need to get around to the series… we’re about to finish up handmaid’s tale, and need to order the next season, so maybe we’ll get season one of this too if it’s out. I’ve been wanting to see this.

1 Like

It is pretty damn funny. Great cast and so many great guest stars. The movie by Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement is great too. (Don’t need to see the movie for the show, they are independent of each other, but use the same concept.)

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve enjoyed the series, though I canceled Hulu recently and haven’t kept up with it. Loved the intro song.

1 Like

I had concerns that his recreation of the Terminator theme wouldn’t get the weird 13/16 time signature right, but given this guy’s attention to detail in the Airwolf video, down to the jittery film-style credits composited over top, I shouldn’t have been worried.

I’ll get to it eventually… watching community right now! Finally. Only a million years after everyone else!

2 Likes

OMG - that is such a great show. ENJOY!! I too was late to it, but glad I jumped on bored. It is a shame they kept shedding talent, though.

See if you can spot Scud: The Disposable Assassin in the GI JOE episode.

2 Likes

Wow that hits me right in my childhood. I remember watching it religiously with my best friend.

This is very good, but there is something spooky about the idea of recursively pushing actual cultural artifacts toward the aesthetic that later emerged as having been the most dominant/memorable/meme-able. like going back into photos of from the 70s and making sure everyone is in bell bottoms…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.