Ajit Pai says an informed public (not Net Neutrality) will discipline ISPs (BTW, he's also killing the rules forcing ISPs to inform the public)

Markets are Efficient if and Only if P = NP, Phillip Maymin

1 Like

He’s right, though. If I don’t like my ISP, I can just take my business…oh. Wait.

1 Like

Lots of people are saying that the most moral course of action once these rules go into effect will be simply to steal bandwidth without paying for it… I don’t know, but that’s what they’re saying…

I plan to call up my ISP (CenturyLink) often and ask them how they are fucking my traffic after this change happens…

“This video contains content from BBC Worldwide, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds”

Ironic, seeing as I am in UK. I guess BBC Worldwide didn’t pay the correct ISP enough money for me to view this, eh? That’s it, surely. Must be. But they hide behind ‘copyright’. Tsk!

“I know, lets take one of the greatest things mankind has created, and wreck it for a little bit of greed and money!” said no decent person ever. Christ what an Ajit.

Even though the internet was created in the USA, the US has fallen way far behind other countries, and I’m afraid this is the nail in the coffin. It is the exact opposite the kind of move that the US needs to catch up let alone regain any lead. Of course Ajit doesn’t care about the state of the US internet, certainly not about making it better, he only cares about stuffing the pockets of the companies he’s served his whole life, the ones that are responsible for america falling so far behind and paying more for less.

If I was a big tech company I’d certainly be considering pulling any US infrastructure and moving it to a better location where all my global customers won’t be affected by some myopic shortsighted law or throttling.

3 Likes

No, it is on a website. And the website is easily accessible . . . as long as you’re a premium subscriber to the ISP’s $50/Mb platinum plan. Other lesser subscriber levels can access the information too of course, but the text is stored as a 5Gb JPG file, and they’ll throttle your connection mercilessly as you try to download it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.