Alabama cops gloat over "quilt" made from cardboard signs confiscated from homeless people over Christmas

When Hillary used the word “deplorables”, I’m pretty sure these are the guys she meant.

13 Likes

A pair of true, classic shit-eating grins.

4 Likes

also in Alabama

2 Likes

God Bless. God Bless.

WTF…

2 Likes

Yeah: eat shit and die.
My New Year’s wish is for these guys to lose their jobs and pensions with the Force, and have to take a job as a Mall rent-a-cop on basic wage.
That way they’ll learn all about life’s shit sandwich - the less bread you have, the more shit you gotta eat.

4 Likes

Don’t think these guys are big readers…

3 Likes

But surely at least one of them has seen the Mickey Mouse cartoon, right?

They are just keeping up the longest Christmas tradition of all time: “no room at the inn.”

8 Likes

Just add beer and the package is complete.

1 Like

Christ would be homeless in today’s America.

5 Likes

1 Like

Christ would be in an ICE concentration camp.

19 Likes

I think one of the worst aspects of this situation is the position the police chief is in.

Mobile Chief of Police Lawrence Battiste, who has long been an advocate for homeless people in Mobile

I mean, a person with true honor would definitely step down or severely discipline these officers, but what do you do if you stand opposed to city council and The People of Mobile who voted in favor of the homeless ordinance? One knows a new chief with a hard-on against the homeless would just escalate a new standard of permissiveness.

8 Likes

So, they’re pridefully showing off, like a trophy, an artifact of human suffering during the harshest time of year and during Christmas.

The scope of ignorance and lack of basic decency and empathy on display here is utterly disgusting.

I hope they’re fired.

4 Likes

Seems like an opportunity to get some lawsuit money into the hands of the homeless folks whose 1st Amendment rights were violated.

1 Like

#ACAB fuck the Fascists

4 Likes

The problem with the “bible passages as example” game is you get to pick and choose your quotes.

Maybe those with the monopoly on legitimate use of force over others are playing the “what would Jesus do” game as well:

“Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.”

• Matthew 10:34

“Those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them – bring them here and kill them in front of me.”

• Luke 19:27

At least the position isn’t reversed, with the officers advocating for the homeless and the chief out to get them. There is a lot the chief can do to make these officers uncomfortable, and know why, without every saying a thing.

2 Likes
1 Like

Yup.

5 Likes