Alabama legislature upholds ban on yoga in schools because it might cause kids to convert to Hinduism

Yeah. Makes it a pain to get your holy guacamole.

8 Likes

5 Likes

I don’t support white supremacy or white nationalism (trying to make the US a “white” country), but when it comes white separatists who want to break off from the US and form their own country, I’m like “be sure to take Alabama and Mississippi and…”.

Before anyone starts tearing me a new one, yes I realize that there are many PoC living in those states who would be adversely affected, so, yes, this is a joke. But it does have a smidgen of truth to it.

Not to mention all those shouty, sweaty fellows groping each other… in public… while underdressed.
Where is the Inquisition when you need it?

3 Likes

You have my empathy!

Whenever I am asked, “Do you prefer being called a Michigander or Michiganian?” I invariably and firmly reply, “Michigan resident.”

7 Likes

tumblr_mc42de4nTa1r7ge2r

16 Likes

Oregon was originally an attempt by the white supremacists who lost the civil war to do exactly that.

10 Likes

13 Likes

A reminder thread for folks:

15 Likes

“I don’t support the Confederacy, but I do think they should help themselves to the southern states.” :neutral_face:

19 Likes

I think this is a better way of freeing the southern states from rule by the Death Cult Party of Bigotry.

8 Likes

If you can teach the Bible as Literature (and you can!) in the public schools, you surely can teach Yoga as Exercise.

13 Likes

Dudeism will definitely…abide.

5 Likes

These people don’t have much faith in the power and righteousness of their god, do they? I bet their god is kind of pissed at their faithlessness. As followers, they are what I would call, “weak sauce”.

6 Likes

There are PoC all over both states, not just in the “blue belt”, and it’s not acceptable to sacrifice them to their oppressors.

10 Likes

Yeah, who gives a shit about all the people who they’d then slaughter, given that the majorty of Black America is in the south… /s

No. It’s really not. The lives of millions of your fellow Americans being relegated to a racist, apartheid state because it’s easier for you isn’t a joke.

13 Likes

While the religious angle is the one being highlighted, let’s not overlook the other angle. You know which one I mean. Earlier stories about the bill permitting yoga in schools said the bill specified that not only would those yoga classes forbid “namaste,” it also required all yoga poses to be identified by English names. None o’ them furrin words, ya got me?

5 Likes

yes and… “namaste”:

9 Likes

What is the penalty for school personnel if students zone out from boredom?

14 Likes

That’s what I thought when I first read that part! I had a 7th grade social studies teacher who was guilty of inducing hypnotic states on a near-daily basis. :joy:

13 Likes